Community Forum

Mobile calls without WiFi?

Contributor

Mobile calls without WiFi?

I plan to switch service on my iPhone from Verizon to Xfinity mobile. After reading about the many problems users are having with dropped call using WiFi calling, I want to turn WiFi calling off and only use cellular calling. On my Verizon service using WiFi calling can be turned off.

Is it possible to set WiFi calling off with Xfinity mobile service? Will I still be able to send and receive text messages?

Valued Contributor

Re: Mobile calls without WiFi?

Turning WiFi Calling on or off is a function within your phone.

Contributor

Thanks. But, on my phone, it appears under a section labeled Verizon - along with Carrier services and SIM Pin.

Just trying to be sure - no surprises wanted.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@BoomerZ4 wrote:

Thanks. But, on my phone, it appears under a section labeled Verizon - along with Carrier services and SIM Pin.

Just trying to be sure - no surprises wanted.

you  can used your phone  with  wifi  calling  or with out  wifi  calling  and there wont be any issues 

Contributor

@BoomerZ4 wrote:

Once your switch carriers the Verizon section will go away and will be replaced by Xfinity. There you can enable, or disable, WiFi calling. You will find it under Settings->Cellular.