Community Forum

Mobile GPS

New Poster

Mobile GPS

I switched to Xfinity mobile in September and bought a brand new iPhone 8-plus from them. Since then, neither Waze nor Maps works properly. I get a message saying GPS not available and it shows my car near where I am, but not in the exact location. I get far into the drive and the directions still show the starting street, etc....
I called Xfinity and they said it was the handset, I called apple and they said it was the carrier because the GPS is locating me, it just can’t keep up.
Anyone experiencing this issue?
Valued Contributor

Re: Mobile GPS

Are the specific apps you are trying to use have access to the location service enabled for them?

New Poster

Yes they do.
New Poster

Yes they do. Smiley Sad
New Poster

Same issue.  any further thoughts on how to resolve?

New Poster

Yes. It’s super frustrating
New Poster

I am experiencing the same problem.  I work for an online company and risk losing hours because of this problem.  Did you get any answers? @PilarGM 

Official Employee

Dani1031, thanks for posting! Sounds like signal latency. Have you had a chance to reset network settings? Swap the sim card? 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Check out the article below. Switch to reader view for easier reading 

https://appletoolbox.com/ios-location-services-not-working-fix/

Good luck!

New Poster

I have the same issue. Every time I use Apple or Google maps while driving it will either show my location is off the coast of Africa or say it can’t find my location. Send both our phones back to Apple that we’re place them but the issue persist. Has to be a gps issue on Xfinity’s end.