Community Forum

Mobile Data Usage Widget

Highlighted
Contributor

Mobile Data Usage Widget

We switched from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile a long time ago. The one thing I miss is the widget Verizon offered that showed shared data usage for the whole family plan (displayed on my home screen in a "speedometer" format). I can get to this information in the Mobile app from Xfinity, but I prefer to be able to see it on my home screen. I currently have My Data Manager installed on both phones on my plan (Samsung Galaxy S9 and S8). This app includes a widget that shows shared usage for the month, but it is not always reliable. I've asked Xfinity Mobile about any plans to implement a widget like this and they always acknowledge the suggestion, but nothing has happened yet. Does anyone out there have suggestions for widgets similar to the Verizon one? I actually even tried the Verizon widget, but it does not work.

Dan

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Mobile Data Usage Widget

It finally happened, and I nearly missed it (or it may have heppened a while ago and I didn't notice until today): Xfinity Mobile now has its own data usage widget on my Galaxy S9. It's a simple rectangular box showing the plan usage of shared data (two phones) and the number of days left in the plan cycle. I don't see any customization options. This is all fine with me, and perhaps future versions will be a bit more refined. For now, I can install this simple widget and know that I'm getting the usage statistics from my carrier, without having to trust third-party apps that require bridging phones and possibly mid-counting usage. I can live with this, and I look forward to any future enhancements. Thank you, Xfinity!
Screenshot_20191221-063324_One UI Home.jpg
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Mobile Data Usage Widget

Thsnks

- Bill