Community Forum

Misinformation

Highlighted
New Poster

Misinformation

Since the 14 agents that I spoke with couldn't answer me I thought I'd give this a shot. I had 2 lines. I'm eligible for 3 total but only 2 can have device payments. Made the last device installment payment on 1 of those lines. So I could open line 3 and do device payments on it how long does it take the system to recognize it so I can do device payments? Yesterday I was told that the phone I just paid off would need to be brought in to be unlocked. Which I know is not true. It's only to switch carriers. Then I was told I had to wait til the end of the billing cycle bc the system can take up to 30 days to recognize that it's paid off. Everyone I have spoken to cannot give me a definitive answer and cannot seem to understand, to me it does, such a simple question.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Misinformation

Hello TRFix,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us through the Xfinity Forum. Gladly, I’ll provide further assistance on this topic.

The line qualification status can only be changed if and when we were to run another credit check and the results came back different than what they were when you initiated service. Paying off one or both of your devices would not change the status.

Please keep in mind that our credit checks result in hard inquires on the credit report. Credit checks can only be done over the telephone given that customers need to provide permission and share their SSN and DOB.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
Chris

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!