Community Forum

MMS send issue after BYOD

Regular Visitor

MMS send issue after BYOD

Just brought my iPhone 7 over from Google Fi. All features work except MMS send - can receive MMS and use LTE data. I've been on the phone with Xfinity/Verizon for over 3 hours trying to solve the problem. Is there a way to check the APN setup on Xfinity Mobile?
Google Fi has you update the APN on iPhone - but I cannot get to these settings on Xfinity.

Any other suggestions? I've tried resetting network settings, updating IOS software, and removing and reinstalling SIM card.
New Poster

Re: MMS send issue after BYOD

I'm having the same issue - just did a BYOD w/ my XR from FI back to Xfinity and can not send MMS -  I can receive MMS but can't send.   Chatted w/ Customer Support yesterday and after i told them i had done multiple network resets w/ still no joy, they suggested i escalate the issue.

I'm actually thinking of escalating to ATT.

Regular Visitor

Today the phone has started rebooting itself as well and then searching for service. Looks like I'll be calling again tonight. I may try to wipe all the settings (not just network) and see if that does anything. But I'm not hopeful.

I wonder what the Fi app actually does to the phone. I've uninstalled it, but not sure if it has lasting effects... Or if it's just an APN issue which I can't access
Regular Visitor

Update - so I decided I'd give up first and backup then factory reset the phone.  It worked.  No MMS issues.  Not sure what the Fi app does, but i'm guessing it has something to do with the cause of this.

New Poster

Interesting - i'll give it a try myself tonight.  Thanks for sharing.

Official Employee

Thanks for posting everyone! It sounds like an APN setting issue--glad to hear the reset worked for you uf20wop.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Well i did a full reset twice on my XR but no luck - still can't receive or send MMS.    However...i did put the sim in my moto x4 and MMS now works.   

So...any ideas?

New Poster

Update - So apparently the trick is to do a full factory reset AND set it up as a new phone.  Now it works.

Official Employee

Update - So apparently the trick is to do a full factory reset AND set it up as a new phone.  Now it works.

markjreardon, thanks for posting your fix! Appreciate your support of the community. Glad you were able to get MMS working. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!