Community Forum

Losing my cell buisness. Android Support Needed.

New Poster

Losing my cell buisness. Android Support Needed.

I love my Xfinity internet, however I am very dissatisfied with not being able to bring my s8+ to your network. This is a major issue with your company. I have read multiple threads about this issue since mid 2017. I refuse to buy a new phone from Xfinity when I know for a fact my factory unlocked phone will work on your network. I find this issue ridiculous. I would end up paying more than what I pay now with two news phones even without the service fees. I will not promote your service in any way due to this fact. I went to a Xfinity store and they are completely clueless. I found way more intelligent people on the internet then I did in your retail locations about this issue.
Official Employee

Re: Losing my cell buisness. Android Support Needed.

Hello JR0882, thank you for providing this feedback. We are hoping to add Android phones to our BYOD program in the near future, until that time we do have the latest models of Android equipment that you can purchase online or from an Xfinity mobile store. Thanks again, have a good day. 

Regular Contributor

What is considered the "near future"?  Is that a month, 6 months, a year?

Official Employee

lmacmil wrote: What is considered the "near future"?  Is that a month, 6 months, a year?

I don't have this information at this time, so I cannot say an exact date or a round about time frame. Please check back in with us next quarter for an update.