Community Forum

LG Xcharge unlock

New Poster

LG Xcharge unlock

I have a Xfinity LG xcharge, paid off, got it unlock via customer service.  However, recently I switch the sim to different carrier, it asking for the unlock code and give me 30 trials to input.  I called customer service and been told that it is unlock but in this case it is not.  Please help.  Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Re: LG Xcharge unlock

@tamcn76 wrote:

I have a Xfinity LG xcharge, paid off, got it unlock via customer service.  However, recently I switch the sim to different carrier, it asking for the unlock code and give me 30 trials to input.  I called customer service and been told that it is unlock but in this case it is not.  Please help.  Thanks.

What does "got it unlock via customer service" mean? Did they give you the unlock code or not? It can't be unlocked without the correct code for your phone.

Also, the LG X Charge phone sold by Xfinity Mobile is limited in frequency bands. It will not work on all carriers.

New Poster

I got the code from customer service and it worked with an at&t sim.  Now, when I changed to cricket sim, it asking for the unlock code again.  Thanks.

Valued Contributor

A phone needs to be unlocked only once. Are you sure it really worked the first time with the AT&T SIM? Why don't you try putting the code in again.

New Poster

Yes, it works before.  I don't have the code with me anymore since I thought that the unlock code is one time use and it should unlock.  Don't have the code to try.  Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Well, if you are no longer an XM customer, they probably will not provide the code to you again. Worth a try.