Community Forum

LG X Charge wifi problems w/latest software update

Valued Contributor

LG X Charge wifi problems w/latest software update

Is anyone else having problems with wifi connections after downloading the latest software update to the LG X Charge? 

Since the last update my wifi connection doesn't automatically connect as often and even in my own home the phone keeps dropping the 5Mhz freq to either be unconnected or switches to the 2.4 freq instead. I have two of these LG X Charges activated at present and it happens to both of them. Prior to the software update they held the wifi signal without a problem and especially in my home.

Contributor

Re: LG X Charge wifi problems w/latest software update

Same problem here. I have to disconnect from my home network and then reconnect sometimes 2 times to get the wifi to work. I will have to ask my son if he is having the same problems as he is always on the home wifi, he also has a X Charge. My wife also has a Charge but uses the Wifi very little if at all, but I'll check hers out. I thought it might be because I leave and then come home, but lately it will disconnect just being in the house and randomly drop the signal.

Official Employee

WindsurfMaui, that is strange. Have you tried forgetting the network and then setting up wifi from scratch?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the SAME problem. After recent update, WIFI wouldn't not connect or connect and then dropped. It shows "DISABLED". 

Official Employee

I have the SAME problem. After recent update, WIFI wouldn't not connect or connect and then dropped. It shows "DISABLED". 

What troubleshooting have you done?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee
Moved:

Valued Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

WindsurfMaui, that is strange. Have you tried forgetting the network and then setting up wifi from scratch?

OK so I forgot the 5.0 freq on my main phone and not on the back up. I will monitor and see if that makes any difference in holding the connection.

Official Employee

ComcastKenF wrote:

OK so I forgot the 5.0 freq on my main phone and not on the back up. I will monitor and see if that makes any difference in holding the connection.

Sounds good. Keep us updated. 

New Poster

I have reset network settings, rebooted phone and router several times. This is only a problem when I connect to 5Ghz SSID, 2.4GHz seems to be working as normal. I have about a dozen devices connect to 5Ghz, none of them experience similar problems even the ones furthest away from the router. 

Official Employee

I have reset network settings, rebooted phone and router several times. This is only a problem when I connect to 5Ghz SSID, 2.4GHz seems to be working as normal. I have about a dozen devices connect to 5Ghz, none of them experience similar problems even the ones furthest away from the router. 

klinsy, have you tried forgetting the network?

Valued Contributor

I did the forget and reestablish on my main LG X Charge  and it held the 5.0 freq in my home for a day and a half and was able to pick up most hotspots automatically when out . While my back up X Charge dropped the 5.0 freq in my home 5 times in the same time period. So I reestablished the back up phone and now it to is holding the 5.0 freq.

I have no idea why reestablishing the connect makes a difference. After all it was connecting before just not holding the signal. Can someone explain the technology.

Official Employee

I did the forget and reestablish on my main LG X Charge  and it held the 5.0 freq in my home for a day and a half and was able to pick up most hotspots automatically when out . While my back up X Charge dropped the 5.0 freq in my home 5 times in the same time period. So I reestablished the back up phone and now it to is holding the 5.0 freq.

I have no idea why reestablishing the connect makes a difference. After all it was connecting before just not holding the signal. Can someone explain the technology.

WindsurfMaui, glad to hear it will hold now. I'm not sure why this has happened but it must have something to do with the update.

Regular Contributor

Might be totally irrelevant here but I will toss this out there...

I had somewhat similar issues, and it seemed that the phone was having a hard time re-establishing connection when returning from out in the world. So I went into my router settings and locked (static) the IP address that the phone had pulled so that it will automatically have the same one when returning home. I did this for both 2.4 and 5G. Seems to help my re connecting when returning home. 

Contributor

My X Charge dropping the WiFi connection on my phone and my sons X Charge. Wife is not having this problem yet.

Official Employee

treker, I suggest trying some of the things mentioned in this thread.

Valued Contributor

Interesting follow up. Forgetting and then signing into the 5.0 Mhz freq worked with the phone that has the Wifi prioritizer app but the back up phone that doesn't have that app is still disconnecting even though I did the forget and re-log in to it. So forgetting and logging in new did correct my main phone but only b/c of the wifi prioritizer app. So something in the last update did cause a problem and without the wifi prioritizer app there doesn't seem to be a way to correct it.

Official Employee

Interesting follow up. Forgetting and then signing into the 5.0 Mhz freq worked with the phone that has the Wifi prioritizer app but the back up phone that doesn't have that app is still disconnecting even though I did the forget and re-log in to it. So forgetting and logging in new did correct my main phone but only b/c of the wifi prioritizer app. So something in the last update did cause a problem and without the wifi prioritizer app there doesn't seem to be a way to correct it.

WindsurfMaui, that is pretty interesting. Hmm. Maybe we can try removing the device's MAC address from the device list in the modem? 

New Poster

I made a change my home WIFI that solved my similar problem.  I unchecked "Clear DHCP lease for inactive clients periodically" (turned it off).

New Poster

I also have the x charge. Now my phone doesnt even show the ac 5ghz as an option and my wifi is horrible. Anyway to get a patch ota'd to fix whatever it is?