Community Forum

LG X Charge has charging issue

Frequent Visitor

LG X Charge has charging issue

I have a LG X Charge that takes forever to charge- last night I plugged in my phone at 11:30/8% charge and unplugged it at 8:30 this morning but was only at 62% charge. This started 6 months after I got the phone, and it charged fine it the first 6 months.

I have factory reset my phone twice, the first time restoring from back up and the second time keeping it at factory default. In both cases the rest fixed the issue for a couple days, then started doing it again.

Side note - battery discharge is normal, using about 50% in a day. Also, my wife has the same phone, and have tested chargers to verify that they are not the issues- or is my phone.
Official Employee

Re: LG X Charge has charging issue

Thanks for posting Chisavage. Do you ever noticed your battery overheating? How is your charging port? Do you have to wiggle your charging cable in order to maintain a successful connection? 

Frequent Visitor

Battery does not overheat. Actually had this happen will vent mounted in my car (with a magnet mount) and the ac owing on it, so it was kept pretty cool. Charging port is fine, there is no "wiggle" in the connection, nor does it need to be wiggled to begin charging.
Charles
Official Employee

Thanks for those details. What about water damage? Do you listen to music on your phone while you're in the shower? Are you running a lot of apps in the background?

Frequent Visitor

No on the water damage, not much of a music person unless I'm driving. And rarely have more than one or two apps in the back ground.

But like I said, the issue is not the battery draining fast, it is charging extremely slow. Last night I plugged it in at 11ish/11% battery. At 8ish this morning I unplugged it and it was at 94% battery. That same charger and cord charges my wife's phone (same model) from 10% to 100% in a couple hours even if she is using it while charging it.
Official Employee

Chisavage, ah OK. Have you tried another charger? Maybe swapping chargers with your wife?

Frequent Visitor

Yes, as mentioned in the initial post and my last reply, my wife has the same phone. All the chargers we tested charges her phone in a couple hours (empty to full) but one 10 to 12 hours to get mine close to full (bug not 100%)
Official Employee

Right, but my understanding was that you tested different chargers on her phone but not on yours. 

I can run a diagnostic on your battery. Do you have the pocketgeek app? 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I did try her charger on my phone...

Yes, the app is installed, and I just approved the permissions...
Official Employee

Chisavage, ok cool let's run some tests. Please send me a private message with your full name, phone number related to your residential services and your device's IMEI. 

KenF