Community Forum

LG Charge X: no notification of incoming text when part of a group message

Contributor

LG Charge X: no notification of incoming text when part of a group message

I have the standard "messaging" app that came installed on the phone. Works great except when I am the recipient of a group message. As a group recipient, I do not receive an audible notification and on the app icon there is no indication that I have an unread text. 

Once I discover the hidden text, I have to hit "download " to read it whether it is just text or if a picture  is included.

Otherwise, notifications for me as a single recipient  work fine and I don't have to "download".

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Expert

Re: LG Charge X: no notification of incoming text when part of a group message

I also had issues with the messaging app on my LG X Charge. Try Textra, it hasn't failed me yet.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/LG-X-Charge-MMS-Texting-Picture-Issue/m-p/3138928/highl...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I will do that, thanks !
Contributor

also in the 'settings' section of whatever messaging app, or under system-settings-messages, you can possibly click "automatically/always download messages right away", and possibly disable any size-limits for automatic download.

Contributor

Been using Textra for a week now, works great. Thanks again