Community Forum

Jipped on visa gift card

New Poster

Jipped on visa gift card

I signed up for a new iPhone X and was told I’ll receive a $300 Visa card. Now they’re saying because I didn’t port my old number I’m ineligible. This is insane. I want my Visa card. Help please
Expert

Re: Jipped on visa gift card

@Bigloutru wrote:
I signed up for a new iPhone X and was told I’ll receive a $300 Visa card. Now they’re saying because I didn’t port my old number I’m ineligible. This is insane. I want my Visa card. Help please

Unfortunately, in order to be eligible for the Visa card you needed to port a number.  Sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Again wrote:

@Bigloutru wrote:

Unfortunately, in order to be eligible for the Visa card you needed to port a number.  Sorry.

so true  when i  singed  up  i ported  my  number  over and i  got in my $300 gift card with no issue  at all   

some on here  dont no how  too read the find print when they  singed  up for  stuff  you  cant this order a phone  and think your  going too get a $300 gift card  that not  the way things work lol

Valued Contributor

@Bigloutru wrote:

The ONLY offers from Xfinity Mobile you should ever consider are those that are in some form of writing, ie web page or email. Verbal agreements made by in store personel are meaningless, period.

You were not Jipped. You were misinformed and made the mistake of taking someone's word for it.

Contributor

You may want your $300 gift card but you ain't gonna get it.

New Poster

Ok as an update to this. I did receive it. I put a ticket in on it. Basically disputing the rightness of it. When i signed up I was under the impression I was getting the gift card and I was not informed by xfinity about porting my number. So they sided with me and sent me the gift card 2-4 weeks later. Very nice outcome. Xfinity gets 4 stars.