Community Forum

Issues receiving $200 Visa Prepaid Gift Card? Is it a scam?

Frequent Visitor

Issues receiving $200 Visa Prepaid Gift Card? Is it a scam?

It's been over 18 weeks and not only have I not received my gift card, but NO ONE at the company can tell me where it is or when I can expect it.  It's a shame because it was a big factor into why i chose to switch carriers.

Has anyone had any luck getting their card?

It's really frustrating dealing with customer service people that keep me on the line and end up providing no actual help.

Regular Visitor

Re: Issues receiving $200 Visa Prepaid Gift Card? Is it a scam?

I'm in the same situation.

Valued Contributor

@marvywalnish wrote:

It's been over 18 weeks and not only have I not received my gift card, but NO ONE at the company can tell me where it is or when I can expect it.  It's a shame because it was a big factor into why i chose to switch carriers.

Has anyone had any luck getting their card?

It's really frustrating dealing with customer service people that keep me on the line and end up providing no actual help.

I came to Xfinity Mobie via a BYOD iPhone with number port in. This was eligible for a $150 gift card after 90 days of continuous service on an account in good standing with the card to be mailed out after 16-18 weeks. The status of this reward was available to me within ten days at the Comcast Rewards Center web page https://www.xfinityrewardcenter.com/

I received the gift card 100 days after starting service, as promised, only earlier than the 16-18 weeks.

It's not a scam, but you must actually be eligible for the reward, and that requires you meeting each and every condition spelled out in the offer.

Frequent Visitor

I am 100% completely eligible.  It is definitely an issue on the Comcast end, but I cannot get anyone on the line to help me with it.

Frequent Visitor

Typical Comcast, they lure you in with some super great sounding promo, then they just do whatever they want because they are a monopoly and can get away with it.

Valued Contributor

@marvywalnish wrote:

Typical Comcast, they lure you in with some super great sounding promo, then they just do whatever they want because they are a monopoly and can get away with it.

There is no such thing as a monopoly in the wireless telephone service industry.

Frequent Visitor

Dude, you know what I mean

Frequent Visitor

Look at all the other people on here with the EXACT same issue...Comcast is an ENORMOUS company that has little accountability, as is showing here.   Comcast is LEGENDARY for poor customer satisfaction.  There is even a wikipedia page dedicated to it.

Regular Contributor

Yea I'm not too thrilled with there accountability. Like how does the US government let this go on. I I'm sure hundreds of complaints to the countless FCC complaints. Not too mention all the social media against them. Shows what money can buy.

I've got a post on Facebook calling out Mr Brian l Roberts. To comment on the situation
Frequent Visitor

Called about my prepaid gift card again....2 weeks ago it was "being expedited and I should receive with 1-2 weeks".  Today it was "We cannot tell you when your card will be shipped".

So frustrating...

Frequent Visitor

Total scam

Valued Contributor

@marvywalnish wrote:

Total scam

If it's as you say a total scam, how do you explain the fact that I got mine as promised only earlier?

Frequent Visitor

I don't know, dude.  Maybe they had a limited supply, ran out, and decided to not send out anymore.

I've called multiple times and no one can tell me what's going on.  I would even accept, "we should have more cards in a week" put can get no other info.

Regular Contributor

I got a 200band a 300
New Poster

Comcast has to provide the promised reward periodically so it doesn't appear to be a scam. I have had Comcast internet for 3 years, an Xfinity Mobile account in good standing for 5 months, brought my own iphone, and ported my number. I was promised a $100 reward card, but I am now told the reward did not exist at the time I subscribed to Xfinity Mobile. Comcast is losing money on its mobile service and is failing to issue promised rewards. The old saying--you get what you pay for--applies.
Regular Visitor

My case was resolved by calling the Reward Center. The issue in my case was that they thought I did not port my number from another carrier. I corrected this information and they approved the reward card.

New Poster

This is absolutely a scam. When I purchased my Iphone XS I was told I'd receive a $250 gift card. Months later- having forgotten about this gift card- a work associate complained that he hadn't received his card yet- 4 months after purchasing the phone. He contacted Xfinity and was told the card was sent months ago which was false- furthermore the amount they said the gift card was for was $50 less than what was advertised at the time of purchase. I then contacted Xfinity Rewards- and the exact same situation is playing out for me. I am eligibile for a $250 gift card however my gift card that mysteriously never arrived was for $200.  You have to know that this process is intentionally fraught with "lost sent cards" and "errors" occuring with payment amounts. This is a game of numbers- the majority of phone buyers will forget about these gift cards and/or for the amount owed. Shame on you Xfinity. 

New Poster

Same issue. I was told by a CS person that I should get it within the next couple of weeks. That was 2 months ago. 

Frequent Visitor

I signed myself and my wife up on May 10th and was promised the $200 Visa gift card, but to expect a 16-18 week wait to get it.  Surprisingly, it showed up yesterday less than 9 weeks after we signed up.  I have a lot of other "issues" with XM mobile since we signed on, fortunately this was not one of them.

Official Employee

aTm79, thanks for letting us know that your card came early! That's awesome. What other issues are you experiencing? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It's a scam. I started early and was promised a $300 gift card, but probably received your $200 one and you will end up with nothing. Good luck and if you find the recipe to get support please post back here.

Regular Contributor

Won't know until October. Have you tried the rewards number? 1(800)526-3268

- Bill
Official Employee

Hello JusticeL, we are sorry to hear you had issues with receiving your prepaid card. Do you recall when you purchased your phone for the promotion you signed up for? I would like to match your purchase date with the available promos during that time. If you would like, you can message me privately by clicking on my name "ComcastTito" and then click "send message" and I can further review your account. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hi, add me to that list!

I board a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 back in November of 2017.  I tried multiple times back in early 2017 to get updates,  find status.  I eventually just gave up!  I believe it was like $250, for porting and buying the phone!

Official Employee

rapidnetrick, let's check on your VISA card! Please send me a private message with your full name and the last four digits of your card on file for help. Just click my name (ComcastKenF) and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send a private message on the right. 

New Poster

I was also told I would receive this and haven’t. It’s been over 4 months. When I called customer service they told me the code to auto send was never on my acct and whatever I signed up for wasn’t a qualifying purchase. She apologized for the “miscommunication” and said that maybe I misunderstood and they told me if I heard them say that if I bought into a different package and there was nothing they could do. If I didn’t have a 2 yr agreement (like I signed to get the gift card) I would be cancelling. I’m not a fan of purposely being misled. It’s horrible customer service to tell me I may have heard wrong and there’s nothing they can do. Especially because I clearly remembered all the specifics of the promotion. There’s no way I wasn’t told about it! Very dissatisfied that the girl even reached out to her manager who wouldn’t get on the phone and both said I was just out of luck.
Highlighted
New Poster

I was suppose to get the $250 card due to switching to mobile with xfinity. The first one was shipped back because the apartment number was missing. So they said they sent it again. I checked the reward center and status date was 10/16. The employee on the phone said it would take 7-10 after the status date. It has been 9 days. Should I call them on day 10 and ask where it is? The first was suppose to come at the end of September.
Official Employee

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about some of the troubles you have experienced with receiving your gift cards. We absolutely appreciate you all being Comcast customers. I would be more than happy to further look into this on my end and check the status of the gift card(s). Please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

Regular Contributor

I got 1 card for 2 phones on time!

- Bill