Community Forum

Issues receiving $200 Visa Prepaid Gift Card? Is it a scam?

Frequent Visitor

Issues receiving $200 Visa Prepaid Gift Card? Is it a scam?

It's been over 18 weeks and not only have I not received my gift card, but NO ONE at the company can tell me where it is or when I can expect it.  It's a shame because it was a big factor into why i chose to switch carriers.

Has anyone had any luck getting their card?

It's really frustrating dealing with customer service people that keep me on the line and end up providing no actual help.

Regular Visitor

Re: Issues receiving $200 Visa Prepaid Gift Card? Is it a scam?

I'm in the same situation.

Valued Contributor

@marvywalnish wrote:

It's been over 18 weeks and not only have I not received my gift card, but NO ONE at the company can tell me where it is or when I can expect it.  It's a shame because it was a big factor into why i chose to switch carriers.

Has anyone had any luck getting their card?

It's really frustrating dealing with customer service people that keep me on the line and end up providing no actual help.

I came to Xfinity Mobie via a BYOD iPhone with number port in. This was eligible for a $150 gift card after 90 days of continuous service on an account in good standing with the card to be mailed out after 16-18 weeks. The status of this reward was available to me within ten days at the Comcast Rewards Center web page https://www.xfinityrewardcenter.com/

I received the gift card 100 days after starting service, as promised, only earlier than the 16-18 weeks.

It's not a scam, but you must actually be eligible for the reward, and that requires you meeting each and every condition spelled out in the offer.

Frequent Visitor

I am 100% completely eligible.  It is definitely an issue on the Comcast end, but I cannot get anyone on the line to help me with it.

Frequent Visitor

Typical Comcast, they lure you in with some super great sounding promo, then they just do whatever they want because they are a monopoly and can get away with it.

Valued Contributor

@marvywalnish wrote:

Typical Comcast, they lure you in with some super great sounding promo, then they just do whatever they want because they are a monopoly and can get away with it.

There is no such thing as a monopoly in the wireless telephone service industry.

Frequent Visitor

Dude, you know what I mean

Frequent Visitor

Look at all the other people on here with the EXACT same issue...Comcast is an ENORMOUS company that has little accountability, as is showing here.   Comcast is LEGENDARY for poor customer satisfaction.  There is even a wikipedia page dedicated to it.

Regular Contributor

Yea I'm not too thrilled with there accountability. Like how does the US government let this go on. I I'm sure hundreds of complaints to the countless FCC complaints. Not too mention all the social media against them. Shows what money can buy.

I've got a post on Facebook calling out Mr Brian l Roberts. To comment on the situation
Frequent Visitor

Called about my prepaid gift card again....2 weeks ago it was "being expedited and I should receive with 1-2 weeks".  Today it was "We cannot tell you when your card will be shipped".

So frustrating...

Frequent Visitor

Total scam

Valued Contributor

@marvywalnish wrote:

Total scam

If it's as you say a total scam, how do you explain the fact that I got mine as promised only earlier?

Frequent Visitor

I don't know, dude.  Maybe they had a limited supply, ran out, and decided to not send out anymore.

I've called multiple times and no one can tell me what's going on.  I would even accept, "we should have more cards in a week" put can get no other info.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I got a 200band a 300
New Poster

Comcast has to provide the promised reward periodically so it doesn't appear to be a scam. I have had Comcast internet for 3 years, an Xfinity Mobile account in good standing for 5 months, brought my own iphone, and ported my number. I was promised a $100 reward card, but I am now told the reward did not exist at the time I subscribed to Xfinity Mobile. Comcast is losing money on its mobile service and is failing to issue promised rewards. The old saying--you get what you pay for--applies.
Regular Visitor

My case was resolved by calling the Reward Center. The issue in my case was that they thought I did not port my number from another carrier. I corrected this information and they approved the reward card.