Community Forum

Issue with return

Contributor

Issue with return

I got Xfinity Mobile back in December (the 23rd I believe). One of the phones started having an issue with a loose button about a week ago, on top of constant service issues (dropped calls, spotty coverage). I tried taking the phones back to where I got them this past Saturday but they refused to return them. I called customer service yesterday and they were going to forward it up the chain and I would receive a call back in a day or 2. Well I got a voicemail today saying that because I am past the 30 days now, I cannot return them and am responsible for the device payments left. That is pretty ridiculous considering I was within the return period when I went to the store but because of their refusal, now I am stuck paying for devices that I no longer have service on? Comcast has really gone down the drain with their customer service. There should be someone higher up that can just approve the returns (happens when you return an item to a store a couple days past the return period, a manager can override it). Hopefully someone here can help me.

Official Employee

Re: Issue with return

theaircobra, were you looking to return them and cancel service or return them and exchange them for a replacement? Why did they refuse the phones? Did you make the initial purchase online? If so, if you get them online, they have to be returned the same way and cannot be returned in a store (inventory related issue). 

KenF

Contributor

I was returning them and canceling services because of the spotty coverage we seem to have here. They gave me some BS excuse that it was against policy to return them, even though I told them I was within the 30 day period. I wasn't in the mood to argue with them because I wasn't having a good day. Pretty sure they were just upset I wanted to also cancel service. The intial purchase was in-store.

Official Employee

Oh I see. Sorry you had a bad day--I know how that is. 

Yes, well canceling would be done in the store and you would return the devices and the boxes it came in as it was purchased. 

Contributor

So I’m out of luck then? Since I’m not out of the 30 day return period because the store I went to refused to return them while I was still within the return period? That’s pretty ridiculous. Guess I will just dispute the original charge and make sure Comcast is not able to charge my card anymore. I’ll also file a complaint with the BBB.
Official Employee

theaircobra, I recommend going back to the store--perhaps you can speak with the manager. Because it was done in store, we can't initiate the return even if you weren't outside the 30 day window.