Community Forum

Issue with phone exchange as well as price adjustments on previous phone order.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Issue with phone exchange as well as price adjustments on previous phone order.

I've been having major issues trying to get ahold of customer service in a reasonable time frame (via phone or chat) and hoping this message board can provide an alternet means.  I'm having two separate issues with two devices purchased from xfinity mobiole.  The first is I purchased an iPhone 7 on 8/18 from a local xfinity store inMilwauki, OR.  A week later they had the $200 promo, and I requested a price adjustment which was supposedly submitted by a customer service rep over the phone.  However, no changes have been made to the bill and I'm extremely annoyed considering I can't seem to get ahold of any confirmation that this was actually done.  I honestly should have just returned the phone and repurchased at the promo price but that seemed ridiculous at the time.

My second issue is I opened another line and purchased an iPhone 7 from the same retail location on 9/13, getting the appropriat price.  However, the only model they had in stock that I wanted at the appropriate storage size was the glossy Jet Black version.  I really needed a new device so I went ahead an purchased it, only to later read on Apple's own website that the Jet Black color was more prone to scratches and smudges which was listed no where on Xfinity's website or mentioned by any of the retail staff.  Had I known that, I never purchased that color and just done a mail order.  That being said, I had to call customer service and after more waiting was able to set up an exchange that seemed to have gone through.  I suppose I'm being petty but I requested they not charge the restock fee considering that purchase was made without the manufacter's disclaimer ever being addressed ($35 was still charged to my account).  I just got an email that the replacement is being sent, but on the reciept its now claiming I owe $45 for the unlimted plan which I am NOT on.    It's getting incredibly frustrating with this whole process and I would like some way of verifying that my issues are even being looked into from comcast.

Official Employee

Re: Issue with phone exchange as well as price adjustments on previous phone order.

Zwolfey, if a price lock adjustment was granted to you it would take up to 30 days for that to reflect on your account. If you paid for the device in full, then it would be credited in full, meanwhile, if you are making payments, the credit would be applied in payments for it. Were you given a ticket number for this request? 

A restocking fee does apply if you are making a non like for like exchange. Because the color is different, this is considered a non like for like exchange. 

Here's how to switch from Unlimited to By the Gig:

1. From your XFINITY Mobile Account, go to Activity
  2. Click View Details on the line you want to switch
  3. Scroll to the Data Options > Go By the Gig > Confirm

Your switch to By the Gig will take effect on your next billing cycle.

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Issue with phone exchange as well as price adjustments on previous phone order.

Thank you for the reply; I was not given any reference number in regards to the price adjustment. For the phone exchange, it was 29720. I'm just concerned that once the new phone is activated I'm going to be auto billed the $45.
Official Employee

I can check to see if there is a price adjustment request. Just send me the following via private message: 

1. your name 

2. account address

3. account number

Well you can attempt to switch the plan now. If it is on unlimited now, the change won't take effect until the next billing cycle. Your billing cycle is set from the date of when you activate your phone or the shipment date plus 7 days with delivery confirmation, whichever occurs first. 

KenF

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Zwolfey, I've sent you an update to your price lock request via private message. Post again if you need anything else!