Community Forum

Is xfinity selling refurbished phones?

New Poster

Is xfinity selling refurbished phones?

I bought new galaxy s7 from xfinity mobile on 8/31/2017 and activated on 9/6/2017 So my manufacturer warranty should be good for 12 months from date of purchase. But when I contacted samsung I was told my warranty is only till December 2017.I was shocked to know that.I told them it's brand new device from xfinity mobile. I was asked to email proof of purchase which I did. I am waiting for their reply. When I asked if my device is refurbished I was told to contact xfinity to know that? If any Comcast agent is reading this pls help me. I advise you all to confirm your warranty status with samsung.
Expert

Re: Is xfinity selling refurbished phones?

All the phones are new, no refurbs.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Contributor

Thats totally false.  I bought an Iphone, noticed that it already had usage on the counter.  With the Xfinity Mobile SIM in, it read "Verizon Wireless".  I was trying to get it unlocked.  Contacted Apple and they confirmed it was originally sold by Verizon Wireless and so I had a refurb.  Eventually I loaded the new OS and got it unlocked.  But its really shady practice for Xfinity Mobile to be selling these as though they are brand new.  

Official Employee

jigneshpatel, I can check your warranty status. Please private message me your full name, address and account number. 

Frequent Visitor

Could someone help, got new iphone8 at xfinity store  on March 22,2018, Apple will not allow to register device because purchased date not validated and informed me I only have 268 days left on warranty, does xfinity sold me a used phone

Contributor

im guessing they are shipping out referbished or used phones ,,, Just what would they be doing with all the phones that get returned to them ,,, Trash Them ?? guess not

Frequent Visitor

You probably right, I will return it to them, because I will not have the 90 days complimentary technical support from Apple, that’s why when I called today for backup devices support, they keep selling me the Apple care.

Frequent Visitor

Check this site out to determine whether your iPhone is new, used, refurbed, etc :

http://osxdaily.com/2018/01/27/determine-iphone-new-refurbished-replaced/

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply, I did check out the link, but the model number start with MG, not MN, no idea about what is G means
Frequent Visitor

Sorry, it’s MQ not MG
No idea what Q means
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for all the replies on my question.

They fixed the warranty discrepancies, but I decided to return the phone .

Just let fellow xifiniy customers know:

Even you bought your devices at Xifinity Mobile store, if you return it, you still need to send it back to the warehouse, it’s misleading that it stated you could return to store, what it means is that the agents will call in to the RMA and shipping label for you, and you have to bring the package to Fedex. If I knew about this, I will never go through the transaction.

Official Employee

Hi Coconutbilly, thank you for the update your provided.  Please reach back out if you have any questions in future.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi coconutbilly, thank you for working with in in private message and glad we were able to get this returned processed for you.  Please reach out if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you