Community Forum

Is this what i have to look forward to?

Contributor

Is this what i have to look forward to?

Is this really what i have to look forward to if i dare to add another xfinity service to my life. I subscribe to internet and basic cable and looked forward to adding the xfinity mobile service because of the great price point, but if the front page of this forum says anything, its that Comcast/Xfinity does not deserve to have the customers it has when you cant provide a basic structure of providing service and help.

Contributor

Re: Is this what i have to look forward to?

The only thing you will find here is people having problems, no one runs online to say everything is working fine. I’m happy with my activation process and coverage. I have a hotspot issue but it’s not a massive deal yet. Happy with the switch
Contributor

What you say here is valid, to a degree.

Few would come here to praise Xfinity. [maybe few deem them worthy, also]

I am glad that you are satisfied with your experiences with Xfinity and sincerely hope that continues.

However, let us not evade the truth.

If the OP has any type of issue with what Xfinity provides, then this IS what one has to look forward to...

and there seems to be a HIGH probability that it will be a DISGUSTING experience for the customer.

As always, judge for yourself...   and consider yourself warned.

Expert

Well, let's be honest here, Comcast has a well-deserved reputation for terrible customer service. You can't really base anything off these forums though since these forums are help forums specifically designed to address customer issues. I think it's prudent to consider Comast's level of support for Xfinity Mobile in your purchasing decision, particularly if you are committing to a long-term contract. Most likely everything will go smoothly and your service will be fine, but if you do have an issue, I suspect it might be a challenge to get it resolved in a timely matter.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

With all due respect Dave, we all arrived here full of hope for answers and resolution. It’s only after many hrs on hold, broken promises and a general silent treatment that builds the frustration that ultimately wins the day. Our expectation is the phone itself will be fine, much like the phone we had before they pitched the Xfinity mobile - switch.

We were offered a great deal, and though we are well aware they wanting to keep us loyal to our package deals and then reliant on them for all data, content and communications - we know the agenda - but assumed it could be a win-win. They making it tough. All of us here are familiar with buying goods and services on the Internet -and so the one thing we know for sure ..100%.. is something can always go wrong. The other thing we know is how the seller responds to the inevitable ‘issue(s)” is the true TEST. They making it tough.

Contributor

dear Xfinity mobile, we want to LOVE you, help, k. xoxo.

Contributor

Thanks T2 for the kudo, we have been pushed to the edge, though I ‘assume many of us are good people’

I’m thinking I might port my number away, return the phone and wait this out.

Contributor

@elie2wins wrote:

Is this really what i have to look forward to if i dare to add another xfinity service to my life. I subscribe to internet and basic cable and looked forward to adding the xfinity mobile service because of the great price point, but if the front page of this forum says anything, its that Comcast/Xfinity does not deserve to have the customers it has when you cant provide a basic structure of providing service and help.

Well, I'll give you my experience...which has been positive. 

8/29/2017 11:20am - Order placed for xCharge at the $1.00 sale price (paid in full, which came to $3.22 after taxes/fees); received an email that they received the order.

8/29/2017 12:16pm - Received the tier 2 validation question email.  Took about 15 minutes to locate all the answers by pulling up my old bills/pdf files on my xfinity online account.

8/29/2017  12:41pm - Received email confirming order success.

8/30/2017 2:31pm - Received email my order was on its way.

8/31/2017 3:00pm-ish  - FedEx delivered phone, I was home to sign for the delivery.

8/31/2017 3:15pm-ish - Started activation. What I thought was my original provider account number was not... so...

-- The longest part of activation was figuring out my VirginMobile account number. Turns out it is not online you have to call them. Okay, so after much online searching for that answer & going through the VM phone queue ... --

8/30/2017 4:11pm - Received email activation complete and have had zero issues with anything since that point.

I turned my data off, so only used 19.69mb of data my first month.  My wifi likes to connect to xfinity when I get home instead of my wifi, but I just switch the connection and it stays put until I leave the house again. Kind of a pain but I think that is a phone issue, not xFinity itself.

All in all, I am loving it so far.  My bill this month was only $2.12, which was just taxes/fees. And $1.00 phone?  Pretty decent phone. Not fancy bells & whistles like a Galaxy or iPhone, but not nearly the clunker I thought it might be.  So, I'm a happy xFinity customer.

Frequent Visitor

Don't do it. Avoid XM like the plague. Verizon is worth the extra money. You (and any family members you bring over to XM) will hate yourself for switching.