Community Forum

Iphone 8 can’t dial in West Virginia

Highlighted
New Poster

Iphone 8 can’t dial in West Virginia

"Please re-enter the 10 digit telephone number you are calling. Do not press send. *67 or *82 cannot be used on this call to block or unblock caller ID." 

seems like a common problem with a known solution. 

In Davis, WV. Every time i dial i get this message, and text and data doesn’t work. This is completely unacceptable please resolve. 

Thank you. 

New Poster

Re: Iphone 8 can’t dial in West Virginia

HI, my iphone6 has the same issue, did figure out a resolution for the problem?  thanks

Official Employee

Hi all, 

That message is an indication that a call is attempting to be placed in a non LTE area. This extra step, also known as 'two-stage dialing,' typically only occurs when 1X is appearing at the top of the device, which indicates that an LTE connection is not available. Please ensure you have 4GLTE enabled by taking hese steps: 

• Apple Devices: Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Option > Enable LTE > select Voice & Data
  • Android Devices: Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > turn on VoLTE Calls

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

My issue is resolved today enabling wifi calling on my iphone 6.