Community Forum

Iphone 7 and 7 Plus WIFI Calling Glitch- CALL FAIL, BOTH INCOMING AND OUTGOING

Frequent Visitor

Iphone 7 and 7 Plus WIFI Calling Glitch- CALL FAIL, BOTH INCOMING AND OUTGOING

Hi- Bought an Iphone 7 plus and Iphone 7 on May 1 of 2017, had no issues with the phone with dropped calls.  When I moved in August of last year, our cell service went from strong to non-existent (not Xfinity Mobile's fault).  I was excited to try WIFI Calling, but realized it was not quite ready yet.  No problem.  I have a separate Iphone 7 via Verizon for my work phone, WIFI calling works fine.  So, I patiently waited.  Got the new update of iOS of 11.2.6?  It was needed to enable WIFI Calling on Xfinity Mobile.  I did this back in March and ever since I have done it, I have experienced the following:

- outgoing calls:  the receiving end gets a "Call Failed" notification when trying to answer my call, and shortly after gets a call back and we can talk.

- incoming calls:  when people call me, and I try to answer, I immediately get call failed.  I have to call the other person back (and they sometimes can answer).

What I have tried, both over the phone and in the Xfinity Store, as well as with Apple- hard reset, factory reset, new SIM card, disable WIFI calling, Airplane mode, etc...  You name it, I have tried it.

Even with WIFI calling not turned on this happens, whether I am connected to WIFI or LTE, makes no difference.  It makes my iPhone essentially a glorified data device not suitable for calls.

Question 1- has anyone else experienced this?

Question 2- is there a solution??

As a Comcast Employee, I signed on with hopes to use this product and share it with people.  At this point, I am not comfortable doing so until there is resolution on this.

New Poster

Re: Iphone 7 and 7 Plus WIFI Calling Glitch- CALL FAIL, BOTH INCOMING AND OUTGOING

Yes! Exact same problem as yours! Started doing this right after WiFi calling was introduced!

Official Employee

Re: Iphone 7 and 7 Plus WIFI Calling Glitch- CALL FAIL, BOTH INCOMING AND OUTGOING

Hello all, I am more than happy to assist you with getting your Wi-Fi calling feature to work correctly. If you need further assistance, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone number, and XM account number. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Nike25! I have been looking for others that have Been dealing with this for a few weeks now. I keep getting told they have never heard this before. Glad to know it is not just me.
New Poster

I have the same problem. I brought an iPhone 6 Plus and an iPhone 6S Plus unlocked from Verizon. With Verizon cell service, WIFI calling worked well. Now with Xfinity, we cannot call each other on WIFI calling reliably even thoug we are in the same house with full strength xfinity WIFI. This is made worse because we live rural and have between zero and 1 bar of cell signal. We are very close to going back with Verizon and paying the $110 monthly bill again. Your free cell service with xfinity internet is useless at this point. Help soon or we will be gone... Robert Edens

New Poster

Any update since your posting, please?

Unfortunately, I am expriencing exactly the same problems with my iPhone 7 and 7 Plus on ios 12.1.  As soon as I turn off Wifi Calling, the problems are gone.......