Community Forum

Internet Essentials + cell phone=??

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet Essentials + cell phone=??

Tonight, a salesperson told me I could get mobile phone for $4/mo due to having Internet Essentials. I didn't have time to mess with it then, so I waited until later. I got a completely rude woman who told me, "I don't THINK so!" And didn't really seem to want to actually investigate (shocker, right?). So, does anyone have experience with this?
Official Employee

Re: Internet Essentials + cell phone=??

Hi Samab,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Xfinity forum and my apologies for the discrepancies in the information you’ve encountered. I can confirm to you that by having Xfinity Internet Essentials you do qualify for Xfinity Mobile service. The quote of $4/month is misleading though.

The $4/month price would cover a device payment plan of one of our more cost effect phones such as the Moto E5 Play or LG K30 which are available for $4.99/month. Currently, those models are out of stock in our website and would require going to a Xfinity store to find out if they have it there. Additionally, you would require a data plan to go along with your service and that starts at $12/month per gig used. Let me know of any other questions you may have that I did not address.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!