Community Forum

Incorrect pending charge $1,264.99 for iPhone x

Contributor

Incorrect pending charge $1,264.99 for iPhone x

I purchased and fully paid total price for XM iPhone x in December 2017 (Original Phone) Order Number 552515.

I had a caller ID issue with Original Phone.  

XM support very kindly suggested and initiated shipment of an exchange (Exchange Phone).

While Exchange Phone was in transit via Fedex, XM support resolved caller ID issue with Original Phone and asked me to refuse delivery of Exchange Phone.  Which I did.

Two separate Fedex tracking show Exchange Phone was "delivery refusedl" and delivered back to XM Fort Worth Texas on 1/23/2018.

Now my credit card reflects an XM pending charge of $1,264.99.

My XM account shows a charge for “Xfinity Return Failure Feb 5 – Order Number 552515 $1,264.99. 

Is this charge for the Original phone which was fully paid for, or is it for the Exchange Phone which delivery was refused and returned to XM?  Either case there should have been NO charges.

Hopefully the pending charge on my CC will get reversed before it goes through. 

XM customers should not have to spend time and go through the aggravation of chasing and trying to resolve this kind of stuff.   There might be something amiss with XM return process that needs fixing.

Official Employee

Re: Incorrect pending charge $1,264.99 for iPhone x

N_A_S, thanks for reaching out. It can take up to 30 days for processing of a returned device. Typically, the full cost of the phone would be charged if it wasn't returned within the return window. 

Once the device has processed at the warehouse and it has not had any damage (no scratches, knicks, etc), you will receive your refund. 

KenF

Contributor

Ken, there is no phone for you to check for damages at your warehouse - I was instructed to keep it and I kept it and you got your Exchange device back.

When I purchased the device last December I paid the FULL PRICE up front, $1,260.

In January, after XM fixed a caller ID issue, and per XM instructions, I did not return my device; and per XM instructions, I refused delivery on the Exchange device which was safely delivered back to XM in its unopend shipping box. - there is no phone for you to check for damages at your warehouse - I was instructed to keep it and I kept it and you got your Exchange device back.

In February, your systems triggered a second charge to my account and to my credit card for another $1,260.

You charged my credit card so far $2,520 for one iphone --> $1,260 in December + $1,260 in February =  $2,520.

Is there a chance your billing system might trigger another "return failure" charge of $1,260 charge nex month? 

Please reverse that February erroneous charge immediately - we are running close to our CC borrowing limit - No need to wait another 30 days.

Please refer to 2 chages in order No 552515  and refer to ticket No. 145 276 85

Thank your help Ken.

Regular Contributor

NAS  that is not  going too happen  the policy is  that you need too wait  30 days   for it  too be graded   and whats  that happens and every thing  checks out then they  can  give you a refund   but it will take  30 days for that too happen  thats this  the way things  work 

Contributor

This issue is now resolved and the erroneous charge has been refunded in full due to the excellent care and support provided by XM support folks!  

Regular Contributor

thats grate too here 

Official Employee

This issue is now resolved and the erroneous charge has been refunded in full due to the excellent care and support provided by XM support folks!  

N_A_S, thanks for updating us! Glad this was resolved for you. Post again if you need additional help.