Community Forum

Incorrect Caller ID on new Xfinity Mobile line

Highlighted
New Poster

Incorrect Caller ID on new Xfinity Mobile line

I added a mobile line with a new number.  The Caller ID displays the former owner's name when I call a landline.  I was on the phone with customer support for almost 90 minutes, they assured me it would be fixed in 72 hours or less.  That time has long passed and it still displays the former owner's name on landlines.  I would appreciate a solution because the phone has limited use (no professional offices such as healthcare, homes with landlines etc.)  The person whose name is displaying is local and still lives in the area (I did a google search) making it potentially awkward.  Thank you for any help!!!!

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Incorrect Caller ID on new Xfinity Mobile line

From former post:

Your new number was most likely someone's landline number that was in a CNAM database which may or may not have been used mostly by landline carriers for their incoming caller ID programs. These databases may eventually be updated, but don't hold your breath. 

• The Caller ID number is controlled by the calling party making the phone call. It’s a fixed billing number it never fails.
  • The Caller ID name (CNAM) is controlled by the answering party. It’s a database lookup from unfortunately a database not tied to or owned by the sender! Argh!
  • XM only sends your phone number. 

Google "Fix Caller ID Name" to learn more, and some possible fixes, but it will probably cost you. Or, see if XM can give you a new phone number?

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having the same trouble with my new Xfinity mobile phone.  Some guys name comes up when I call friends etc... and they don't answer.  I have called xfinity 2x once been told the problem will be fixed, nothing happened, next call was told it cannot be fixed!!?? WTH  Seriously, I paid almost $1k for a phone that has to have someone elses name on it? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, meanwhile I'm known as "T. Rodriguez". ...... 

Highlighted
New Poster

I had to get a new number.  I went to the Xfinity store.