Community Forum

How to fix caller id its showing wrong name.

Frequent Visitor

How to fix caller id its showing wrong name.

My cell phones caller id shows the person who had the number before me can this be fixed to show my name or Wireless Caller? Thank you

Valued Contributor

Re: How to fix caller id its showing wrong name.

@NuBiXx wrote:

My cell phones caller id shows the person who had the number before me can this be fixed to show my name or Wireless Caller? Thank you

My caller ID was also incorrect, what was shown was a mispelling of my last name. I asked Xfinity Mobile Support to fix it and they assured me they would take care of the problem. However, all they did was change it to the name of a nearby city, not "Wireless Caller" and not my name.

Regular Contributor

When you say "My cell phones caller id shows the person who had the number before me...", what EXACTLY are you referencing?

Are you saying that when you call someone from your phone, the RECEIVING phone caller ID shows the name of the person who had the phone before you?

If that's the case, THEIR phone is only showing what THEIR contacts show related to that number. They need to update their contact info to change what they see.

If you are saying that the info related to the local profile/account on your phone is incorrect and needs to be updated, then have you tried looking under Contacts?   (I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+)

When you open Contacts, the very 1st item shown is your local profile. If you select that, then it should show the profile Nickname, the related account, the cell number, and some other info you've entered. If you want to change the Nickname, then select EDIT at the top of the screen and enter the correct info.

On a Samsung Galaxy you can also edit the Samsung account from Settings. To see or change that, select Settings, then select the profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen. You can edit or add info here also.

Not sure if that's what you are referring to or what you need, but hope it helps. If you have a different cell phone, they should have something similar.

Frequent Visitor

When i call someone the callerid says some other persons name this happens who ever I call whether it be friends, strangers or my landline phone or my other cellphone the caller id says some other persons name I'm assuming the person who had the number before me..

I search the forms and Im having the same problem has this.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/How-do-I-get-my-caller-ID-corrected/m-p/3174811

Regular Contributor

It may be something they have to update because of the type of wireless network. 

But if it is set to use the cell phones nickname, then that is something you can change as I mentioned in my first reply.

Contributor

Only Xfinity Mobile custormer service can fix  this issue for you.  I had same issue.  It took some time to fix (2 or 3 weeks) because it likely envolves a third party in the phone numbers re-cycling process.   You may want to check with them on progress until it's fixed.

Here is a link to my post:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Outgoing-calls-Incorrect-caller-ID-Incoming-calls-quot/...

Frequent Visitor

Can a mod help me please?

Official Employee

Hi @NuBiXx

Thanks for posting to the Community Forum. I've replied to your post. Please reply at your earliest convenience so we can help get the Caller ID issues resolved. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!