Community Forum

How is your ride with XM so far?

Regular Contributor

How is your ride with XM so far?

I know that the forums are a place to get help or to complain, so people may get the idea that XM is not so good while visiting here. My problem was with byod, my iPhone 5s was the gsm only model & XM rides on VZ cdma . Apparently iPhone 6 & above can use either, but XM is still having major issues with byod. After I caved & bought an Iphone SE online, all has gone well. I now have no complaints about the service I am receiving. Imho Comcast jumped into an arena that they were not fully prepared for with CS that understand the wireless business. HOPEFULLY things will get better with time.

Is it my imagination that most of the posters are misers like myself, trying to stay below the 100 mb. In order to save data we turn off cell data which keeps a lot of things from working, like MMS, visual voice mail and probably others I don't use. I am wondering if the " by the gig " outnumbers unlimited users..Anyway, I just want to even things out a bit by saying  things are not as bad as they appear here. Except  for the people it is happening to of course.

Contributor

Re: How is your ride with XM so far?

No problems with the service. Biggest issue is WiFi calling cannot be set up my address will not validate. Xfinity is supposed to be working on the issue but I am getting the impression it is not a high priority item. 

Regular Visitor

The service works great.  If you need them to "do anything " like update a credit card, or port a phone number, they are horrible.  People are super nice, and they want to help, but they are internally broken.

Contributor

We’ve had XM for about 6 weeks, two iPhone X, by the gig for both. We’re not huge data users, so it works out well for us. I also had no issue validating my address for wifi calling.

Most Valued Poster

Paying $1.42 per month for service for two phones. My wife loves her LG and my S5 continues to choogle along with the SIM card that came with my LG.  No complaints.  For a buck 42 what is there to complain about?  LOL 

Contributor

$1.42 for service?
Contributor

Good Cellular Plans.

Good Cellular Signal in our area.

Adding Mobile to XFINITY was a necessary/smart COMCAST strategy.

XM getting up to speed as their Knowledge Base develops.

Regular Contributor

For $1.42 they stayed below the 100 mb and have next to nothing for local taxes. My first bill is coming up and I am still well below the magic 100 mb, but my state and local taxes/fees will be much more than that.

Contributor

TWO LG X phones one was for a Dollar the wifes , mine Reg price ,, both ,, Nicely activated and used have had no

troubles that  Xfinity/Comcast didnt at least answer about .. Price ,, no one can come close , good people especially 

these ON LINE TEAM 

Most Valued Poster

@davdriwrote:

For $1.42 they stayed below the 100 mb and have next to nothing for local taxes. My first bill is coming up and I am still well below the magic 100 mb, but my state and local taxes/fees will be much more than that.

What he said.  XM actually bills me $2.84 each month give or take a few cents and then I am credited half of what I am billed back on my Xfinity Triple Play bill.  Not sure how all that interacts but in the end I pay next to nothing for a great cell service, unlimited talk and text.  

Contributor

I moved two iPhone 6's to XM at the same time. One works perfectly and the other cannot receive cellular data. I have another thread going on this problem.

The service and price are excellent and I will be a happy camper if I can ever get this problem sorted out, but so far XM Tech Support has been very inept.

Official Employee

Hey everyone, 

If I have missed anyone with issues on previous threads that need assistance, please let me know. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

We had it for a  year. Switched internet, landline and cell phones all together last March.  We generally stay below 3 GB each month, though sometimes the data shoots up when we've all been home on wifi despite my daughter's apps turned off for cellular -- which is shady -- but I digress.  The service seemed fine --a good value with the combined internet, phone and wireless bills together what we were paying for just wireless with ATT (about $120).  Fast forward one  year, the 1-year 'contract' is up and my internet/landline bill just doubled from $75 to $150/month and we were told "sorry, there are no new plans that we can offer you".  So that is the MO--- get you in with the wireless, then BAM -- up the internet rates. So now I'm paying $150 for 25mbps (ie, lousy internet) and landline for emergencies, PLUS $60/month for GB wireless -- so total of $225.   No thanks. G'bye evil Xfinity.  Shame on me, I shoulda known better.  It was adequate while it lasted.  P.S. When we needed to replace my daughter's phone last November, the salesman had us go through the 2 hour-long process of getting new 'line'/number b/c there was a $200 giftcard promotion for adding a new line (and we figured we'd give the old number to our other daughter for emergencies), so we added a 4th number to the account. Oh, sorry -- that was ONLY if you port a new line over from another company they tell me three months later when no gift card arrives.  So, the sales people lie too. Surprise! .

Contributor

We are really ok with XM. Have not had a problem at all.

I cant even relate to all the people complaining about this and that.

I went in wanting a lower cell phone bill and got it.

Thanks XM

Contributor

I mentioned a problem above that I was having about a year ago and I regret that I haven't updated it. I did get the problem sorted out shortly after I posted that thanks to a tip from a smart user in another thread on this forum. I then informed the folks at Comcast Tech Support about what they had been missing.

Since I got that problem fixed my wife and I both have been very happy XM users. For us, it's the best possible cell phone deal. In our first year we have gone over 1GB data usage only once, when we were traveling and using it a lot. So our bill is always $16.48/month or close to it.

Contributor

I know that to be true. My bill for 2 also $16.48. It lets you know how bad these companies are just taking our $$$.  Thankyou XM.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Overall I am happy. 

20 years ago I was paying $40/month + taxes for 200 minutes a month of Verizon service.

Now I am paying about $15 for 2 lines unlimited minutes and texts plus 1GB of data.

If they would modernize the account portal so I could set per-line data limits I would bring more lines to the service.