Community Forum

How has your service been in crowded areas (i.e. Disneyland)?

Contributor

How has your service been in crowded areas (i.e. Disneyland)?

I have had this service for the past couple of weeks and it has been great.  I recently came back from Disneyland and had a strong signal most of the time, however in a certain area at California Adventure, I had no data service.  Fortunately, the free WiFi was working in that area.  I am just curious if this is an example of prioritzation to Verizon customers, if there were just too many people in that area so it wouldn't have worked for Verizon customers even, or if Verizon just has a dead zone there.  Has anyone experienced any issues in crowded areas?

New Poster

Re: How has your service been in crowded areas (i.e. Disneyland)?

See if you can find out by pinpointing the location here:

https://opensignal.com

My initial gut reaction is that the verizon LTE signal must be very week in that location.

Dead spots are bound to happen.

Contributor

Hey thank you for that map.  It was actually in a red area shown on the map so it probably is just a dead area.  I was also curious if you went to a football game or something with 60,000 people in a small area, would Verizon customers get a priority or not.  But honestly for the amount of money I am saving, and the few times I would be in that situation, Xfinity is definitely worth it.

Contributor

I was also curious if you went to a football game or something with 60,000 people in a small area, would Verizon customers get a priority or not. 

I have been in large football arenas, 100K+, with Verizon service and my data was basically non-existant. Even making a phone call was difficult. Texting seemed to work OK although sending was slower than normal. This was in strong signal area. Any time you have large crowds on a single service everyone will suffer. There is only so much bandwidth available to be shared by everyone. I don't think Xfinity will be any different and is probably not a result of prioritization of Verizon traffic over Xfinity.