Community Forum

How do I get Second Generation Plan?

Regular Contributor

How do I get Second Generation Plan?

I signed up for the by the gig plan, not knowing that if I had waited  a couple days, I would have been put in the second generation plan.  The fact that I am stuck in first generation plan, paying the same monthly charge ($12.00 plus fees) as my neighbors but they get better features than I do only because they signed up a few days later seems very unfair to me!!

How can I get the second generation by the gig plan?

Attached is  info I found describing differences between first and second generation.

Expert

Re: How do I get Second Generation Plan?

According to https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/plan-changes, they're working on making the new plan available to first generation customers in the near future.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I’d like to know when the “near future” is exactly.

I don’t like that I have to wait for an unspecified period of time to get what I would’ve gotten if I had known I just had to wait a couple more days before I signed up.
Official Employee

Hello JodieNJ,

Firstly, thank you for your outreach and interest in the Second-Generation data plan. I am happy to report that on Friday 8/23/2019, the new data plans will be made available. The official marketing and service will launch approximately early Friday morning nationwide.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!