Community Forum

How can I block numbers that leave me voicemail

Most Valued Poster

How can I block numbers that leave me voicemail

When my phone is off I get many voicemails every day from different numbers and they are always about getting free medical devices. I am so weary of these.  If I have the phone on and answer it and then hang up I can go to call log and block the number but even if I did that with every one of these calls the numbers are always different  so it would like Whack a Mole. 

I have an Android LG phone from Xfinity. Is there any method or app available to block these numbers after they leave a voicemail since they do not appear in the call log.......OR are there any plans to add numbers to the call log that leave voicemail so that they can be blocked like any other call?

Thank you

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: How can I block numbers that leave me voicemail

@TerriB wrote:

When my phone is off I get many voicemails every day from different numbers and they are always about getting free medical devices. I am so weary of these.  If I have the phone on and answer it and then hang up I can go to call log and block the number but even if I did that with every one of these calls the numbers are always different  so it would like Whack a Mole. 

I have an Android LG phone from Xfinity. Is there any method or app available to block these numbers after they leave a voicemail since they do not appear in the call log.......OR are there any plans to add numbers to the call log that leave voicemail so that they can be blocked like any other call?

Thank you

I use www.nomorobo.com on landline, don't need it on mobile yet. Its great, they won award from FTC for method of stopping robocalls

www.nomorobo.com

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/nomorobo

Most Valued Poster

Re: How can I block numbers that leave me voicemail

@mvenanzi wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Thank you

I use www.nomorobo.com on landline, don't need it on mobile yet. Its great, they won award from FTC for method of stopping robocalls

www.nomorobo.com

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/nomorobo

I tried nomorobo on land line 2 years ago and it just did not work as we thought it would as far as the legit calls coming in so we got rid of it. I can't recall all the problems it caused but I do remember it drove us a little nuts.  Apparently from what I have been reading nomorerobo when used on android  phones creates problems with viruses so I won't be trying that any time soon. There does not appear to be anyway to block the mobile numbers that got directly to  voicemail since the don't show up on the call log. Maybe someday!