Community Forum

Help unlocking LG X Charge phones, I have 4!

New Poster

Help unlocking LG X Charge phones, I have 4!

I need help unlocking (4) LG X Charge phones so that we can activate with another carrier. I do not know how to do this and can't seem to figure it out. The phones were purchased outright so nothing is owed on them. Can someone help me please? Please email ******* TIA!!!

[edited for personal information]

Contributor

Re: Help unlocking LG X Charge phones, I have 4!

You can call Xfinity customer support and they will give you the unlock code to enter. You will need a sim card from your new carrier or from someone that has service with another provider, insert the sim and you will then enter the code when asked. Be warned though that the LG Charge will probably not work with another carrier for LTE service probably not even 4G service as the LG is Band crippled.
New Poster

They say they are unlocked but it asks for a code when I insert a sim from another carrier...
Valued Contributor

@lovingmommy22 wrote:
They say they are unlocked but it asks for a code when I insert a sim from another carrier...

Please follow the process outlined in this URL; wondering why the customer service didnt inform you about this.

Official Employee

Hi lovingmommy22, I can assist with getting your mobile phones unlocked.   Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, and phone number). 

Thank you 

New Poster

How do I send a private message?
Official Employee

Thank you for your reply!

You can click on my name (ComcastPhill) and click on “send message”. 

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope 

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

New Poster

I am not showing an option to PM you can you please help me out
New Poster

I sent you a message.
Frequent Visitor

Unlock Process - https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/115004305128/am-i-eligible-to-unlock-my-phone

Criteria for unlocking your phone

Make sure the following things are true:

• The phone must be an Xfinity Mobile device.
  • The phone must not be reported lost, stolen, or involved with fraudulent activity.
  • The phone must be paid in full prior to requesting the device unlock. If your device is on a Device Payment Plan, it is ineligible for unlocking.
  • The phone cannot be active on another Xfinity Mobile customer’s account. If the phone previously was active on another Xfinity Mobile customer’s account, it must be paid for in full.
  • You must have completed and paid for at least one full billing cycle (30 days) of Xfinity Mobile service following the purchase of a device.
  • Your Xfinity Mobile account must be in good standing. One exception is if you are an active member of the military—all active-duty military personnel are eligible to have their phones unlocked. 

If you've determined you're eligible to unlock your phone, give us a call at (888) 936-4968 and we'll walk you through next steps. You will be given a ticket # and we'll send you an email to fill out the unlock form. Please be sure to include the ticket # in the subject line or this will delay the unlock process, it will take 24-72 hours for the unlock dept. to email you the unlock code.

Official Employee

Thank you, I have replied to your private message.

Thanks

Official Employee

Hi lovingmommy22, thank you for working with me through private message and please reach out if you still need assistance.

Thank you