Community Forum

Help unlock my paid off LG XCharge phone

Frequent Visitor

Help unlock my paid off LG XCharge phone

When I called support, one person said it should be unlocked in 30 mins and never got any unlock code. Called the next day and a lady told me they come unlocked. Had to explain her that somehow mine is still locked and long story short, she can't do it over phone.

I see other folks were able to get theirs unlocked from here. Can someone please help me with my unlock code?

My phone was paid off and bills are all current.

EDIT: The lady on phone asked to email my request to xfinitymobile_unlock@comcast.com and I should have known better. I tried sending email only to realize that email does not exist.

I thought the comcast service was improving. Haven't had such a terrible experience in a long time.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Help unlock my paid off LG XCharge phone

@coolpal wrote: ... xfinitymobile_unlock@comcast.com ... does not exist.

Try xfinitymobile_unlockS@comcast.com instead.

See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-mobile-unlock-request.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the response. Trying that out. 

Wish the phone support could handle this or at least were better informed.

Frequent Visitor

Back to square 1 Smiley Sad

Got an email response to my unlock request suggesting the phone is already unlocked and they can't do anything and I have to call the same # who referred me to them.

I know the phone is locked and it clearly prompts me to enter the unlock code when I pop in a different SIM.

Can someone please help me out of this mess?

Support ticket # 18428699

Frequent Visitor

Can someone please help me with this. I am getting nowhere callign the 1888 number.

Official Employee

Hi coolpal, I can help and provide any updates I am showing on your Ticket.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Phil. Sent the message with details.

Official Employee

Hi coolpal, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Phil. Sent the residential account number as requested
Official Employee

Thank you for the reply!

Contributor

@coolpal wrote:

I know the phone is locked and it clearly prompts me to enter the unlock code when I pop in a different SIM.

Can someone please help me out of this mess?

When I travel in Europe I have to enter an unlock code on my unlocked iPhone every time I power on the phone using the SIM from Europe. The SIM has a 4 digit pin that must be entered to unlock the SIM otherwise the SIM will not work. Keeps people from stealing SIMs from other phones and using the SIM. Are you certain it is a phone unlock instead of a SIM unlock?

Frequent Visitor

Wasn’t aware of the sim unlock code outside of the phone network unlock code but in my case I used an att sim I have been using for multiple years in multiple phones and also tested with a T-Mobile and cricket wireless sims. All work fine in my other unlocked phones. So I am pretty certain it’s the xfinity phone being network locked.
Frequent Visitor

Finally got the unlock code... Hoping it works.

Thanks for the help!

Official Employee

Glad you were able to get the devices unlocked. Let us know if you need anything further. 

KenF