Community Forum

Help the Xfinity mobile order verification is killing me!

Regular Visitor

Help the Xfinity mobile order verification is killing me!

Subject pretty much says it all along with the many others having the same problem.  I got no questionare email!  I called the 844-963-0011 number and spoke to someone who asked me questions about addresses from 20 years ago lol.  Look it's me and I just want my phone before I owe another month with AT&T.  If you guys cant make it happen I'm going elswhere.  Iv'e been on chat and the phone all day talking in circles with you guys.  It shouldn't be this difficult to get mobile service set up.  Do you want my money or not?  There are several other carriers that do!  I gave you my name, address, phone, last 4 of credit card on file, my SSN, made the purchase online through my Comcast account ect.  what's next the lenght of my big toe on my left foot?  Just send me tha darn phones already!

Official Employee

Re: Help the Xfinity mobile order verification is killing me!

jimsk9s, got your private message. I'll follow up with you there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Having a similar situation here. I have had one order cancelled due to just moving, and was advised by a supervisor to resubmit the order. I got an email asking for more info to attach a copy of ID and a "bill with service address" so I did so. I don't see why it's such a hassle with Xfinity Mobile. I have EVERY service they offer, and had it all installed by a technician just a week and half ago, so yes, obviously it's the correct address and yes, it's me!!! I have NEVER went through so much to just get a phone!!! It's crazy ridiculous. I have spent 4 days, almost 5 days dealing with this, it's VERY frustrating!!! I truly feel the Mobile department is very unorganized and unprofessional, and obviously doesn't try, or care about clients.
I have internet, cable, home phone, home security all with Xfinity, and a simple cell phone is more of a hassle then any if these things were. I am in the process of contacting the President or CEO of the company to try and get this issue resolved. It shouldn't be so dang difficult to get a simple cell phone!!! I even ordered the device online, off my Xfinity account, and so yes, it's me!!!
Official Employee

Hello TYFFCOX, I can assist you with getting your order completed. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, account number, and order number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply back. I finally got it taken care of. It's on it's way with email confirmation and tracking info. I'm so glad, I love Xfinity and all there products, and customer service has been amazing. Thanks again. Have a great night.
Official Employee

TYFFCOX wrote: Thank you for the reply back. I finally got it taken care of. It's on it's way with email confirmation and tracking info. I'm so glad, I love Xfinity and all there products, and customer service has been amazing. Thanks again. Have a great night.

You're welcome, I am glad that you were able to get everything taken care of. Please feel free to reach back out to us or make a post if you need anything else. Have a good day. 

New Poster

i have the same problem

New Poster

My first order was canceled because I sent in cable bill not utility bill so I have new order placed and still not getting answers everyone tells me something different
Official Employee

Cnenae21, thanks for taking the time to let us know about the issues you've had with your order. I've seen your private message to Amir so I'll follow up with you there. 

Ken

New Poster

Having a similar problem. Chatted Xfinity agent online yesterday who said I could pick up the phones at the local Xfinity office in the next town and even told me which mobile phones were in stock and available for same-day pickup. Got to the store and was a immediately told that they do not stock phones, but they could help me place my order to be delivered tomorrow. Did the credit check, said I was able to get up to 5 lines. Provided my credit card and completed the order. Today I get a phone call from Xfinity saying that I was flagged for additional verification. Told it was not a credit check but when my 10+ year home (Xfinity Internet/home phone) address did not match in the system they use (from the credit agencies) to generate verification questions, they cancelled the order without even asking the verification questions. Said I could wait 24+ hours and place the order again...I offered to have phones delivered to the Xfinity store where I could provide my passport and DL, but was turned down. In total, 4 different Comcast employees (3 in store, 1 on phone) heard/typed in my SSN, home address, DOB, etc. all for nothing...seems like a great way for someone to have a chance to steal your identity without the company even providing the product/service...
New Poster

i am having a similar situation this is my second time trying to order a phone through you all and the verification is killing me ive paid you all the money i just want the phone i don't understand currently my order is under review and ive been speaking to you all through chat and everything giving you all my information can you please help ?

Official Employee

Hey all,

If you're still having issues with your orders, please let me know.

Ken

Regular Visitor

Same exact problem .....  So frustrating.......  How do I send you a private message ?

New Poster

I went through it yesterday.  Unbelievable.  I placed my order IN PERSON, IN THE XFINITY STORE 2 days ago.  Got the call yesterday asking for information to verify my identity based on items on my credit report.  Really?  I had to provide mortgage lenders name, mortgage amount, length of time at my current address, etc.  This is too invasive in my opinion.  Xfinity...figure out a better way!  I thought it was a scammer, honestly.  There is no need to have to go through that much private information <Edited>!

DO BETTER!!

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. I ordered my phone through the app and they asked me to submit documents to the review department and my driver's license has not yet been changed to my new address as I just moved in. I have service at this address and don't feel the need to go to the DMV to get a phone. I've submitted other documents and I don't have a passport. I even went into the store and they told me I couldn't get a phone because I have to do it online. This is utterly ridiculous for a verification to get a phone. I called the representative back and he kept giving me these obnoxious scenarios of how people can scam your account and get a phone. I've provided all the details I could to verify my identity but yet and still because my ID!! doesn't have my current address to date as I JUST MOVED!! I can't get my phone. I feel like they should give you more options to verify identity that way it doesn't completely inconveinence you as a customer. It's like I have to do so much work behind the scenes for them to get me my phone. 

Regular Visitor

PM sent.     This is an unacceptable way to treat customers.  No one else does this.  Xfinity delivered 3 phones to me in the last week but wont send this final phone ........  Bizzare and terrible customer service.  8 Hours on the phone over the last week and I cant get them to send me the correct phone I ordered.......

No response to PM yet either.

Regular Visitor

Still no response .....................................

Official Employee

@dllhg wrote:

Still no response .....................................

Just responded to you from my Personal PM box. Everyone else, please respond via this handle, Comcast_Support, for a quicker response as that is our team inbox. Please refrain from contacting multiple employee accounts as that is against the forum guidelines.

Ken

New Poster

I am also having same issue with XfinityMobile. Last time they cancelled my order. Again I got email We tried to reach you yesterday regarding your XFINITY Mobile order #. We need some additional information from you to complete your order. I am already customer of 2 lines with XfinityMobile. I m fed up with this. If this order is canceled, I will not continue with Xfinity anymore. What they thinking about customer?