Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Help porting AT&T landline to Xfinity Mobile cell phone

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Help porting AT&T landline to Xfinity Mobile cell phone

I have been trying for almost a month to get my ATT landline ported to my existing XM account. I have spent literally, and I do mean literally, hours on the phone with XM and also three-way calls with ATT and no one can resolve this issue. After three weeks of XM blaming ATT, and ATT assuring me that they will release the number as soon as they receive a port request from XM, I find out that no port request had even been initiated by XM. Today I was able to speak with ATT porting department and they said they had finally received a port request from XM last week, but it had been cancelled by XM. It was not rejected by ATT, but cancelled by XM. Also, for some unknown reason by XM cell number was deactivated two weeks ago, so I have not had cell phone service since then. And, of course, each time you call you get a different Customer Service Rep and have to start the whole process over again. Did I mention that of the 8 - 10 CSRs I have spoken with, only one has ever called me back to provide any feedback on the issue, although they all promise to call back within an hour or so. Anyone have any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Help porting AT&T landline to Xfinity Mobile cell phone

Dmhurley, congrats on the success of the port. Please post again if you need further assistance. 

All Replies
Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

Dmhurley, if you activated a number before submitting a port request, this is considered a deferred port. Not all deferred ports can be completed. Let's take a look at where we are with that port and also look into why your service has deactivated. Is your account with ATT still active? Please send me a private message with your full name, account number and address for help. 

Official Employee

Dmhurley, congrats on the success of the port. Please post again if you need further assistance.