Community Forum

Have Internet your offer to transfer cell from TMobile to infinity

New Poster

Have Internet your offer to transfer cell from TMobile to infinity

You keep sending me thru the mail a card inviting us to transfer our cell phones to you. It’s all part of your internet and tv deal. So says the ad card. But as we don’t leave in the USA all year round and don’t work here we don’t have a SSN. When I applied for the SIM cards it asks for a SSN. Did not need one for the tv and Internet. Dies that mean I am
Being discriminated.
Official Employee

Re: Have Internet your offer to transfer cell from TMobile to infinity

Hello SteWM,

In order to establish Xfinity Mobile service, an SSN is mandatory. Requiring an SSN in order to start a mobile account is an industry wide practice used to curtail fraud schemes and not an act of discrimination. But before you could get Xfinity Mobile, a Comcast Xfinity residential service account would need to be created.

In order to get Xfinity mobile, when you are in the U.S., you would need to live in the Comcast Xfinity footprint and establish residential services first and foremost. Customers who obtain Comcast residential services and use an SSN to start the account do so in order to avoid a deposit.

Only after you have established residential services, would you be able to get Xfinity Mobile and then have the requirement of needing a valid SSN.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!