Community Forum

HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???

Regular Visitor

HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???

currently my new samsung galaxy S9+ rings NINE 9 times before it goes to voicemail !!!!!

 

♦  or exactly 30 seconds

 

i called tech support and THEY DO NOT KNOW how to change the # of rings to ie 3 times.  the nice lady also had an S9 on xfinity mobile and she could not edit # of rings before voicemail.  all her techs on her floor had no idea how to fix.  she created a Tier 2 support ticket and said someone will call me tomorrow.

 

they had me try *94 and *61 and #*61 and #*61# and a bunch of others, but all i get is this message: 

Your call cannot be completed as dialed.

 

people, this is for XFINITY MOBILE & NOT comcast wifi landline

 

i am going to RETURN THIS PHONE if they cannot fix this problem.

 

nobody is leaving me voicemails as no normal person will let a # ring 9 times, as that is just STUPID.  most intelligent humans may give a # 5 rings before giving / hanging up.

 

who is the retard programmer who established this setting.  who is the retard manager who approved of this setting.  they should be fired, especially without an obvious setting to override this default.

 

 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???


@speedski wrote:

currently my new samsung galaxy S9+ rings NINE 9 times before it goes to voicemail !!!!!

 

♦  or exactly 30 seconds

 

i called tech support and THEY DO NOT KNOW how to change the # of rings to ie 3 times.  the nice lady also had an S9 on xfinity mobile and she could not edit # of rings before voicemail.  all her techs on her floor had no idea how to fix.  she created a Tier 2 support ticket and said someone will call me tomorrow.

 

they had me try *94 and *61 and #*61 and #*61# and a bunch of others, but all i get is this message: 

Your call cannot be completed as dialed.

 

people, this is for XFINITY MOBILE & NOT comcast wifi landline

 

i am going to RETURN THIS PHONE if they cannot fix this problem.

 

nobody is leaving me voicemails as no normal person will let a # ring 9 times, as that is just STUPID.  most intelligent humans may give a # 5 rings before giving / hanging up.

 

who is the retard programmer who established this setting.  who is the retard manager who approved of this setting.  they should be fired, especially without an obvious setting to override this default.

 

 


Seems to be a verizon standard and can't be changed by us or the carrier

 

Source: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1390452#1390452

Problem Solver

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???

What country are you calling from that you get 9 rings in 30 seconds? Standard ring cadence in North America is 2 seconds on and 4 seconds off, which equals 5 rings in 30 seconds.

Not sure about the S9, but on an iPhone I can hit the power button to decline an incoming call and it immediately goes to voicemail.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???


@-Mike wrote:
What country are you calling from that you get 9 rings in 30 seconds? Standard ring cadence in North America is 2 seconds on and 4 seconds off, which equals 5 rings in 30 seconds. Not ture on my S8+. 12-13 rings in 30 seconds till VM kicks in with basic bell ring tone. Ring tone length will vary # of rings but still 30 seconds till VM

Not sure about the S9, but on an iPhone I can hit the power button to decline an incoming call and it immediately goes to voicemail. This doesn't solve the problem OP is having if away from phone.

 

Regular Visitor

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???

Seattle WA - USA

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???


 wrote:

 wrote:
What country are you calling from that you get 9 rings in 30 seconds? Standard ring cadence in North America is 2 seconds on and 4 seconds off, which equals 5 rings in 30 seconds. Not ture on my S8+. 12-13 rings in 30 seconds till VM kicks in with basic bell ring tone. Ring tone length will vary # of rings but still 30 seconds till VM

I think you guys are talking about number of rings heard on the receiving cell phone. Sure, that can be anything on the called cell phone itself. However, I believe the ring cadence heard by the caller always follows the 2s/4s standard, so the caller should hear 5 rings in the 30 seconds before it goes to voicemail.

 


Not sure about the S9, but on an iPhone I can hit the power button to decline an incoming call and it immediately goes to voicemail. This doesn't solve the problem OP is having if away from phone.


Wait, OP is away from phone? Are there people who still do that? To quote OP- "That is just STUPID". Smiley Wink

Seriously, I didn't mean to imply this was a 100% solution, but it does solve the problem for those times when you have your phone on you and you're too busy to answer.



 

Contributor

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???

Yea but nobody wants to hit the fu button...most callers know when you do that.
Regular Visitor

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???

Well it is now April, 2019 and it still takes 9 rings to go to voicemail. I understand if this is not important to some of you, but it is to me. There should be a function that alows you to select the number of rings. Has technology not advanced this far?

Most Valued Poster

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???


@saevans wrote:

Well it is now April, 2019 and it still takes 9 rings to go to voicemail. I understand if this is not important to some of you, but it is to me. There should be a function that alows you to select the number of rings. Has technology not advanced this far?


I thought I would chime in ...same church..different pew..lol. I wish a Comcast rep familiar with voicemail settings would help us.

 

Recently when I call my hubbbys cell  from our Comcast  landline I get 4 rings before  his Voicemail picks up which is normal but he is only hearing 2 rings on his end and can't answer fast enough before it goes to voicemail.  Also when his voicemail picks up I only hear the last two words of his personal greeting. I know we can change his greeting but its been the same for a year. I have not  tried to call his cell  from my xfinity mobile phone to see how many rings he gets but thought I would start this conversation first.

Official Employee

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???

Hi all, 

 

Thanks for posting about your ring count concerns. 

 

The CDV voicemail ring count can be adjusted via our billing system. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

 

Cheers, 

 

Ken


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???

My name is Patricia Sweet. My x Finity iPhone  is <Edited> and my husnad, Peter's id <Edited>. We want to reduce the # of rings before going to voicemail to six rings.

 

Please help us.  Thanks. 

Official Employee

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???

Thanks for reaching out, creampuffpats! Are you looking to reduce the ring count for XFINITY Mobile or your landline service? I can make adjustments to your landline ring count (CDV) but not XFINITY Mobile. You'll need to reach out to XFINITY Mobile support to have that addressed. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???

Hello everyone,

 

I wanted to chime in with pertinent information about the number of rings it takes to get to your voicemail on your Xfinity mobile device.  I can confirm that the amount of rings cannot be modified.  I have verified this information with our cellular partner.  On average, it takes 5 rings to get to voicemail but may take up to 9 rings.  My apologies for the inconvenience this has and may continue to cause for some of our customers.    


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???


@ComcastChrisL wrote:

Hello everyone,

 

I wanted to chime in with pertinent information about the number of rings it takes to get to your voicemail on your Xfinity mobile device.  I can confirm that the amount of rings cannot be modified.  I have verified this information with our cellular partner.  On average, it takes 5 rings to get to voicemail but may take up to 9 rings.  My apologies for the inconvenience this has and may continue to cause for some of our customers.    


====

I posted a  week or so  ago that my husband's Xfinity Mobile phone  often only rings Twice before going to Voicemail. That does not even give him a chance to try to answer the phone. Unacceptable.

 

Official Employee

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???

The one feature that can cause a cellular device to ring twice only before going to voicemail is the Do Not Disturb feature.  Double check to make sure this option is not enabled.  If that does not fix the issue we can always look into the account for further troubleshooting.   


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

Re: HOW to set # OF RINGS before voicemail picks up ???


@ComcastChrisL wrote:

The one feature that can cause a cellular device to ring twice only before going to voicemail is the Do Not Disturb feature.  Double check to make sure this option is not enabled.  If that does not fix the issue we can always look into the account for further troubleshooting.   


Nope....that feature is not turned on and the two ring thing doesn't happen all the time and its not when my hubby is in a specific location when I call him. Its very random. Just going to have to deal with it.