Community Forum

Gift card scam

New Poster

Gift card scam

I was told by multiple sales associates on the phone that I would get a $500 VISA gift card if I signed up for Xfinity mobile. We ditched Verizon for Xfinity, but no card came. 
They just keep giving me the runaround instead of solving the issue. Who do I contact next? FCC, BBB, or FTC? 
Please someone advice. This business practice is not okay. I may not have a competititve choice on their internet monopoly, but I sure have a choice on mobile providers.

Regular Contributor

Re: Gift card scam

@Meeko22 wrote:

I was told by multiple sales associates on the phone that I would get a $500 VISA gift card if I signed up for Xfinity mobile. We ditched Verizon for Xfinity, but no card came. 
They just keep giving me the runaround instead of solving the issue. Who do I contact next? FCC, BBB, or FTC? 
Please someone advice. This business practice is not okay. I may not have a competititve choice on their internet monopoly, but I sure have a choice on mobile providers.

did  you  read the  find  print  when you singed up?  most requirements  for a gift card  needs you too have a phone number transfer  from verizon or oh ever you  where with be for  and  or  be on  a double play plan  or above like TV DSL  

i love how some on here singe  up for sutff with out reading  the find print  1st  then come on here  and blam comcast 

Expert

@Meeko22 wrote:

You don't say when you started service, but you would need to port a number over, and then you must have 90 days of service with no modifications or late or slow pays before you would qualify for the Visa Rewards card.  If you qualify, you would get the card any where from 7 - 14 business days or 4 - 6 weeks.

Note that this card comes with an expiration date.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

@Meeko22 wrote:

Verbal agreements are often meaningless. If the $500 gift card offer was legitimate it would have been available to be seen online and/or mailed to you, and YOU WOULD HAVE A COPY OF IT. DO YOU?

I responded to an Xfinity Mobile offer to BYOD iPhone and port a number in for a $150 gift card to be mailed to me after being on the service for 90 days. This offer appeared on line, came to me via email, and showed up in my snail mail box. I kept copies of all of them, took them up on the offer, and got my $150 gift card on time as promissed.

Regular Contributor

@gderf wrote:

@Meeko22 wrote:

Verbal agreements are often meaningless. If the $500 gift card offer was legitimate it would have been available to be seen online and/or mailed to you, and YOU WOULD HAVE A COPY OF IT. DO YOU?

I responded to an Xfinity Mobile offer to BYOD iPhone and port a number in for a $150 gift card to be mailed to me after being on the service for 90 days. This offer appeared on line, came to me via email, and showed up in my snail mail box. I kept copies of all of them, took them up on the offer, and got my $150 gift card on time as promissed.

i ported my verizon number  and got my $300 has promissed 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

SAme here I got all my gift cards to date so far  I kept all my emails  I kept on them I did what the fine print said....

Yea it can be fustrating a bit 

I went through a lot to get them but they came

Official Employee

Hello all, I can assist you with any questions or concerns that you have regarding your Visa gift cards. For further assistance, please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!