Community Forum

Frustrated with gift card situation

Highlighted
New Poster

Frustrated with gift card situation

Hello, I purchased an iphone back in August.  The ONLY reason I made that purchase at that time was due to the fact that it came with a $300 gift card option.  Ordered the phone, filled in the info for a ported number.  Phone arrived, spent hours with Xfinity reps trying to get it activated with no success.  The next day, a rep from a different dept called me back and helped me activate it, but only after saying the only way to activate the phone at that point was with a new number.  I wasn't pleased about the new number but I agreed so I could get the darn phone turned on.  Fast forward months later - looking for my $300 gift card.  Im told Im not eligible becuase I didnt port a number over.  I ordered the phone with a ported number, Xfinity messed things up on their end during the activation process.  I have called and tried to get it resolved but its taking forever and no one seems to have the authority to do anything.  All in all, this has been a very annoying situation and I'd like help getting it resolved now.

New Poster

Re: Frustrated with gift card situation

I too an having a similar issue. I bought two Galaxy S9 phone; one new number and one ported number (from an iPhone) This was back in July 2018. The sales person said we would be getting two rebates ( that was the incentive to purchase the non-ported phone. We wer told 90 days before pre-paid cards would arrive and I began following up with Xfinity. I was told that only one phone qualified; the ported iPhone and that it would be another 4 weeks before we see anything. Did I miss something in the promotional ad that explicitly spelled out "ONLY PORTED NUMBERS" qualiify? 

Valued Contributor

@C5Vette wrote:

Did I miss something in the promotional ad that explicitly spelled out "ONLY PORTED NUMBERS" qualiify? 

Easy enough to answer. Where is your copy of the ad and what does it say?

Regular Visitor

same issue here.  mobile department and rewards department don’t talk to each other. they say I haven’t ported numbers and am not eligible.from rewards. Mobile says I am eligible since I ported the numbers. but no one seems to help to get my rewards to me. They did mess up my activation too.