Community Forum

Fedex says Comcast is blocking ability to schedule delivery

Frequent Visitor

Fedex says Comcast is blocking ability to schedule delivery

Fedex tried to deliver the phone while I was at work today. On the fedex website all the options to affect delivery are greyed out including scheduling a new delivery attempt. Called Fedex and was told the "shipper" had specificlly restricted my ability to schedule a delivery date/time and only the shipper could lift that restriction. I understand about restricting where the package is delivered and needing to sign for the package. Anyway the restriction on scheduling the date/time for a delivery attempt can be lifted?

Thanks.

Ron

Problem Solver

Re: Fedex says Comcast is blocking ability to schedule delivery

When this happened to me, I went to the FedEx depot after work and was able to pick it up with id and signature. Tracking should show when it returns to depot.

I think you can also arrange for pickup and rescheduling with FedEx once you have the door tag. My understanding is that you can't change anything until the first delivery attempt is made.
Frequent Visitor

I called after the first attempt and was took Comcast had basically restricted everything.She cannot even tell me when the next attempt (probably tomorrow) will be much less a window of time. The agent said Comcast is the most restrictive vs other major carriers, seems this was not the first call she had handled and basically her hands were tied by Comcast. Also many fields on the door tag had void written in them. It only states another attempt will be made, same information I got from the agent. I forseen this being returned because they try to deliver when I'm not home.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Yeah, it's frustrating, but Comcast has had a big problem with fraudulent orders.

Did you check on the depot hours? They don't really advertise the end of day pickup option, but it worked for me and a number of others.
Frequent Visitor

A bit confused how allowing me to schedule the delivery time would result in fraud. Working on staying home tomorrow, since I'm going out of town tomorrow evening. Hoping they try early so I can just go in late to work. My luck they won't even try to deliver tomorrow.