Just an FYI for those that may have been wondering. Although OnePlus received Verizon certification, their users are having a lot of issues that require tech support in order to get the phone to work on the Verizon network - specifically having to call in and having the phone registered as a CDMA-less device. Given that Xfinity does not offer support for BYOD android, I don't see them being able to help anyone with a non-working OnePlus 6t. When I put my SIM in my OnePlus 6t incoming and outgoing calls work (including VoLTE capability), outgoing texsts work, but data does not work, and incoming texts do not work.
The data will probably work after you setup the APN?
But XM will turn off VoLTE for non XM phone after maybe a billing cycle and since 6T doesn't support CDMA you won't be able to make phone calls.
On my 6T and XM SIM card, the APN settings are locked. Cannot edit or add. Tried side loading APN through adb with no success.
Sad, was excited to go from my XS Max to 6T, but looks like have to find alternate solution.
Hello, got my OP 6t to work on Xfinity Mobile by doing the following:
1. I ported my phone number to Google Voice.
2. I put my SIM into my original XM phone and did a "master reset", and re-set up the card as a new card in a new phone.
3. I moved the card to the OP 6t and connected to wifi to download Google voice. Must do this with wifi, mobile data is not operable until step 5.
4. In Google Voice on the device, I set all calls and texts to forward through GV.
5. I went to GV on my pc and set GV to forward all calls to my new number, but show my old number on caller id.
6. I reset the APN to: "COMCAST.RSLR.VZWENTP" . BUT DO NOT GET ALL THE WAY OUT OF THAT MODULE:
You have to hit ok after you put in the new APN, then go back to the menu and touch "SAVE", or it will reset to the old APN.