Community Forum

Early Upgrade????

New Poster

Early Upgrade????

Once again Comcast, you have managed to undo all of the goodwill you built up. I have been told that my money cannot be refunded even though I cannot obtain the device the money was paying for. In true Comcast fashion, there is absolutely nothing I can do but wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. While you collect my money and refuse to refund it. Two different people on two different days in two different chats one week apart told me “incorrect information”? How convenient for you.

I have GS8 phone from Xfinity mobile. I want to upgrade to the GS9 Note. I was told last Friday that I would need to pay the balance if I wanted to upgrade early. So, I paid the balance. As instructed, I went to the local Xfinity store and they had no GS9 Note phones. They get shipments every Tuesday and Thursday they said. So, I went back the following Tuesday – no GS9 Notes. I went back on Thursday, again no GS9Notes. And the best part? When you try to get the phone number of the local Xfinity store, guess what? You can’t. It’s the main Customer Service number for Xfinity. So, I cannot even call ahead to see if they have the phone I want before driving all the way there. Oh, and even better – they can’t hold phones for you. So, how am I supposed to get an early upgrade early if the stores do not have the upgrade I want?

So, today I chatted with a different person and explained my situation. He told me yes, they could absolutely ship me the phone since the stores do not have it for me to pick up. He also said that I would have to return my current phone and they would inspect it and then charge me if there was any damage. Fine. No problem. He said I can’t arrange for the shipment here you will have to call Customer Service and he gave me the number.

I call customer service, they find the chat and say, “you were given the wrong information.” I was told they do not ship out phones, I have to go to a store – btw, guess how I got my current phone? THEY SHIPPED IT.  So, I asked them then to refund my money since I paid for an early upgrade that I cannot get. I was told “we can’t do that.” Which is untrue. Of course you can refund me my money. I told her I was not letting you keep my money if I won’t be able to get an early upgrade. She said, “but you will…” Well, I don’t know when do I? What if by the time I get the upgrade, it is no longer an early upgrade and I have already paid you money that I didn’t have to pay you early??????  Do you make a car payment before you are driving the car? Do you pay a mortgage before you live in the house? This is absurd. Fix this. Your inability to help me has nothing to do with me. If I cannot receive an early upgrade early, then you will refund me my money. I have already had to contact corporate once. If I have to do it again, I am completely done with you. No mobile, no cable service, no internet – done. I will go to your competitors.

I am tired of this Comcast. Tired of it. You need to do better. Do you understand? Stop screwing around making it difficult for people to reach local stores and impossible for your call centers to help out people with these issues.

I want someone to contact me and tell me I am either (i) getting an early upgraded phone SHIPPED TO ME or (ii) I will have my money refunded and then I will wait until the store has the phone and pay the fee at that time – if I have to by then.

Regular Visitor

Re: Early Upgrade????

Complain on line with Consumers.

Frequent Visitor

Dispute the charge with your credit card company.  Also, I would NOT ship them your current phone. It seems to be a trend where people seem to be charged for damaged phones when they ship them.  Take it to a store and pay WHEN you get the phone, not before.  

New Poster

I’m having the exact same issue as you . I paid my phone up early to 12 months to be eligible for early upgrade ! I call customer service and all my information checks out fine but like you said you can’t up grade over the phone or online like you originally ordered the phone but when I go to my local store and they put my info in thier computer system it gives them a alert stating my birthdate and social do not match so they can’t get into my account mind you I been with Comcast for 7 years and never once had this happened until I asked for early upgrade on my mobile phone . So I submitted a claim to get it fixed and of course they tell me they are so backed up with claims it’ll take a few WEEKS .