Community Forum

Early Upgrade - Still NOT SOLVED

Frequent Visitor

Early Upgrade - Still NOT SOLVED

PREVIOUS POST:  4/4/19:

"I've been trying to upgrade early since this past Monday.  Today is Thursday and I still have not been able to get this done.  I went to the store, after paying off more than 50% of my phone the week before, only to be told that the system won't let me upgrade for unknown reasons.  Everything is just grayed out.  They escalate the problem to "Tier 2" and I receive a case #.  On Wednesday, I'm told that the case has been resolved and I can go back to the store to finish my upgrade.  Surprise, surprise but the issue actually hadn't been resolved and I wasted a trip to the store for nothing.  Again, they escalate to "Tier 2".  Thursday (today) I'm told AGAIN that I can go to the store and finish my upgrade.  I confirmed several times with the rep over the phone that this time it would work, and I would not be wasting a trip.  Against my better judgment, I went back to the store only to have my time wasted yet again.  I am so completely lost as to why these guys can't get their act together and figure out why their software is acting up.  I have confirmed that my account is in good standing (I do auto-pay every month for cable/internet/mobile), I've never paid late, my device is more than 50% paid off, AND my credit is fine.  All of these things, confirmed by the reps I spoke with.  Someone needs to get my account fixed, fast, before I cancel the lines and you'll be stuck with any remaining payments left because after this week I sure as heck won't be paying you an extra dime for this headache."

TODAY:

So, after several new conversations with Xfinity reps, in particular a rep named Chris on 4/12/19, my problem is still not solved.  Chris promised me a phone call on 4/15/19 at 12:30, which never happened.  Chris also told me on my phone call with him that my ticket was never sent to the correct department, which at this point just doesn't surprise me.  He said that he forwarded it to Tier 3.  He said we should have progress by Monday.  We have no progress, I still can't upgrade and my faith in Xfinity is dwindling.  Fix my account, let me rightfully upgrade, and fix your horrendous system.  This is completely unacceptable. 

New Poster

Re: Early Upgrade - Still NOT SOLVED

Same issue here!
Regular Contributor

This is the garbage i dealt with for over a month. I'm done. I'm trying to pay mine off and leave. But the won't accept any other form of payment. I am not giving them my card number ever again
417.jpeg
Frequent Visitor

It’s been over 3 weeks since this problem started and I still have no resolution. Every time I call, they tell me that a ticket takes 3-5 business days. Well, it’s been 21+ days so what now? Why can’t anyone at Xfinity figure out this issue and just fix it for me. I was told to go to the store last Thursday, by a rep named Lugo. He told me his supervisor instructed them to “green light” me. I go to the store and they explain that a green light process is only for when you bring a new device. They then called through the chain to try to get my issue resolved, and even they were met with resistance. They put a supervisor on speakerphone and she said to them “I cannot help you, and I do not know what to do.” How about find someone who can? The customer service system is severely messed up with this company. I want to praise you because outside of them, I haven’t had much issue but the blatant non-care you are showing my problem is seriously upsetting.
Frequent Visitor

I have the same exact issue. The protection plan makes this sound like it will be so easy to upgrade. 2 months of this for me.
Frequent Visitor

XFINITY MOBILE....WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HAVE AN ANSWER?! This is absolute negligence to your customers. Obviously this is a major issue. Your protection plan mentions this as one of the first points, the upgrade.
Frequent Visitor

I've tried everything. I even took a break from calling them in the hopes that it would be fixed.  No luck. I'm just so frustrated with this company.

Frequent Visitor

Hopefully will have a resolution soon. From what I can see this is not necessarily a case by case basis and more than likely something more deeply rooted in the system. Prayers up.
Frequent Visitor

I spoke with a rep named Hailie from Tier 2 Advanced on 4/25/19 - she told me that my case was assigned to Tier 3 on 4/19 and then escalated on 4/22.  They have "identified the issue, but have no estimated completion time".  So basically they found the problem in their system, but they don't know how to fix it which doesn't really give me back any confidence I'd already lost in the company. I hope your issue is resolved quicker than mine, because this sort of thing should not take a month to fix.  

Frequent Visitor

Any word or update yet?

Frequent Visitor

@Loringharris21 Still nothing. I'm going to call back today on my lunch break to try to get a status update.  I'll let you know.  How about  yours; any word yet? 

New Poster

We're having the same issue in South Jersey. It's a waste of time traveling to the store for early upgrades, and the service reps are playing dumb as well.
Frequent Visitor

Nothing at all. Literally. Cannot even get someone to call and explain what is going on. Everyone acts as they have never heard about the issue, but I know this is not true. Anyways...almost dropped my phone the other day. I was like ughhh thankfully didn't. Let me know what you hear. Thanks for your perserverance.
Official Employee

amartorelli, sorry to hear about your experience but I appreciate you taking the time to post this on the forums. I'd be happy to track the ticket that is being worked regarding your upgrade issues. Please send me a private message with your full name, account number, and the last 4 digits of your card on file so I can take a closer look. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastKenF I sent you a private message with the requested information.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Official Employee

@ComcastKenF I sent you a private message with the requested information.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Got it thanks!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@Loringharris21 Just wanted to update you, but my issue was randomly fixed today and I was able to upgrade my phone.  No one contacted me, I just happened to check my account and it said I was eligible again after a month of being ineligible.  So keep trying and hopefully they'll sort you out soon! 

Frequent Visitor

Ken, can you see if this is true for myself as well? I'll head to Xfinity Mobile store soon if this is true for me too. My Xfinity Mobile app says I'm eligible, but it has for a while I believe. I'm so glad you got your phone upgraded!
Screenshot_20190509-195729_Xfinity Mobile.jpg
Official Employee

@Loringharris21 Just wanted to update you, but my issue was randomly fixed today and I was able to upgrade my phone.  No one contacted me, I just happened to check my account and it said I was eligible again after a month of being ineligible.  So keep trying and hopefully they'll sort you out soon! 

amartorelli, glad to hear you were able to upgrade finally! 

Loringharris21, the status of your case is now in "working". So you may be able to upgrade soon! Fingers crossed for ya once that status clears, especially! 

Ken

New Poster

Update on my status: After five visits I received a call back from the Marlton, NJ store. Upgrade completed! My suggestion: stay on top of the issue and utilize diplomatic language.
Frequent Visitor

Awesome! Do you want me to message you next Friday to check to see if I am good to go? Was my birthday yesterday
New Poster

No doubt. Glad we have a forum.
New Poster

Yikes, Happy birthday!!!
Frequent Visitor

Yay!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
Frequent Visitor

Happy birthday!!!
Frequent Visitor

Solved. Ken...thanks! I’m hoping this has been taken care of for everyone! I am happily responding from my iPhone XS. Thanks everyone for making this happen!
Official Employee

Solved. Ken...thanks! I’m hoping this has been taken care of for everyone! I am happily responding from my iPhone XS. Thanks everyone for making this happen!

Loringharris21, glad to hear it! Have a wonderful day! Thanks for posting.