Community Forum

Dual sim and garbage service

New Poster

Dual sim and garbage service

Back in sept I preordered a iPhone XS Max solely for the dual sim and the 300 Visa card.
The phone was late by a month and a half.
I attempted to setup the phone and it wouldn’t connect. I contacted Xfinity who stated the IME number wasn’t even in the system. Submitted a ticket, no call back.
I then contacted them again and despite being told when I ordered the phone that it could be used for the dual sim Xfinity doesn’t support it. So the phone is useless as my 8plus was only 4 months old and I didn’t need to upgraded it. Another ticket submitted. Another no call back by anyone.
Now it’s been 3 of these pretend tickets and I’ve yet to hear back from anyone.
Xfinity is a joke for customer service. I have a $1500 paperweight
Valued Contributor

Re: Dual sim and garbage service

@Bfhammer wrote:
Back in sept I preordered a iPhone XS Max solely for the dual sim and the 300 Visa card.
The phone was late by a month and a half.
I attempted to setup the phone and it wouldn’t connect. I contacted Xfinity who stated the IME number wasn’t even in the system. Submitted a ticket, no call back.
I then contacted them again and despite being told when I ordered the phone that it could be used for the dual sim Xfinity doesn’t support it. So the phone is useless as my 8plus was only 4 months old and I didn’t need to upgraded it. Another ticket submitted. Another no call back by anyone.
Now it’s been 3 of these pretend tickets and I’ve yet to hear back from anyone.
Xfinity is a joke for customer service. I have a $1500 paperweight

The Dual Sim was supposed to be supported only from iOS version 12.1 .  Even though the phone was released in September,  I believe the iOS update happened only in November.   However it is way past November now!  Do we know if xfinity supports the dual sim? has anyone successfully activated and using a dual sim from xfinity mobile (quick search in the forum doesnt indicate so)? per this post from Comcast support team, eSIM is not supported (link here); per Apple website, only the big three support eSIM (Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile).  If xfinity doesnt support eSIM, I think your only option would be to get it unlocked and move elsewhere or sell it via Swappa or elsewhere

New Poster

4 escalation tickets now and still no response. The esim is not available yet and they have no idea when it will be available. They still state “this fall” on the initial web page. I’ve wasted about ten hours between phone calls and driving to the Xfinity store.
It looks like the only option is to file in small claims court.
New Poster

After 8 months of phone calls Xfinity finally took back the nonfunctional, nondual sim iphone xs max.  Around the 6 month mark one of their reps actually said "you should sell it on craigslist, there isn't anything we can do."

They still haven't refunded the taxes which they charged me twice for.  

13 months after the promised esim ie dual sim cards they still don't have it.   

And yet more time on the phone since they have both of my cable/internet accounts fraudulent charges and overbilling.  <Edited> anytime you change plans or put it on a seasonal hold when it starts again they charge you double, saying they bill a month ahead.  <Edited>, yet if I'm 3 months ahead after paying an extra month 3 times, where are my 3 prepaid months??

My Minnesota bill has a make-believe sports and broadcast fee for 17, and 10 dollars, the Florida one doesn't.  <Edited>

New Poster

So after contacting Xfinity and Apple about this problem. I have narrowed it down that it is the carrier lock that Xfinity places on their devices that prevent the dual sim feature. And Xfinity is extremely reluctant to remove the lock due to people buying new phones then just not paying their bills. I am a frequent traveler and having a paperweight for a phone does me absolutely no good. Xfinity please do something about this some people travel for work and need the dual sim feature
Contributor

I used my Xfinity XS Max traveling in Europe and used the dual sim function and it worked great using Knowroaming for data as my  eSIM.  Meet the Xfinity unlock requirements and you will be able to use the dual SIM function.