Community Forum

Does xfinity tier 2 even exist

New Poster

Does xfinity tier 2 even exist

Got the phone on 30th Sep, tried activating online but it got stuck in pending activation status. called xfinitly mobile atleast 8 times(Spending atleast 10 hours on call) and multiple escalations and tier 2 tickets were done. but never got any response back and now even after 1 month the phone is still stuck in pending activation status with no response ever received from tier 2

Regular Contributor

Re: Does xfinity tier 2 even exist

@abajaj wrote:

Got the phone on 30th Sep, tried activating online but it got stuck in pending activation status. called xfinitly mobile atleast 8 times(Spending atleast 10 hours on call) and multiple escalations and tier 2 tickets were done. but never got any response back and now even after 1 month the phone is still stuck in pending activation status with no response ever received from tier 2

To my surprise, I got a call back from Tier 2 this afternoon. They left a VM. But sadly, they didn't resolve my issue. My issue was for activating personal hotspot on an iPhone that I brought over to XM -- not one I purchased directly from XM. They said because my iPhone wasn't purchased from XM and because they don't have a BYOD program right not, there is nothing more they can do right now to get the personal tethering option working for me. They apologized for the inconvience for that's what the current situation is. 

So are you can imagine, I'm not thrilled with the resolution -- or the lack of -- but it is true XM does not offer BYOD currently. I can decide to stay or leave XM. Not sure yet. 

But at least I can say that Tier 2 does exist and they actually called me today -- to my own surprise. 

Official Employee

Re: Does xfinity tier 2 even exist

abajaj, I've commented on your other post. We can continue there.

Lakino, glad you were able to get a call from Tier 2. I had a feeling this couldn't be done on a BYOD iPhone. Hopefully we have BYOD support soon. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!