Community Forum

Do Not Purchase any Services from Xfinity-account debited $890.40 for a phone that was returned

New Poster

Do Not Purchase any Services from Xfinity-account debited $890.40 for a phone that was returned

I purchased a Samsung S8+ and did not like the device so I called to inquire about exchanging for an Iphone. I asked the representative the cost and he placed me on hold, the phone was disconnect after about 10 minutes. I received a message from my bank 30 minutes later informing me of a refund. I called Xfinity and was told that I exchanged my device and will be charged taxes plus $35 restocking fee. I requested to cancel as I only ask for information and did not authorize the exchange, I even requested that a supervisor listen to the call to confirm, of course they wouldn't. I was told that A RMA was already created and could not be stopped. The phone came and I did not open the box as I did not need it. My bank account was debited $890.40 for the Samsung as ot was not returned. I went to fedex and returned the device, track the delivery, and verified that it was returned to the warehouse 12/20/17. I called to provide tracking was and told that policy requires I allow 15 working days to be refunded. I called back after 16 days and was told to wait another 15 days and that the issue would be escalated to Tier 2, who would conatct me. I was not contacted at all and I called back on 01/19/2018, only to be told that it was escalated and it takes 20 business days. No one has a phone number for the corporate office, no supervisor is available. At this point, the only option to receive a refund is to retain legal services

Official Employee

Re: Do Not Purchase any Services from Xfinity-account debited $890.40 for a phone that was returned

Mrscountree, thanks for posting. Returns usually take about 30 days to process from when the device is received at the warehouse. From there, it is graded and you are refunded as necessary. 

Let's see where we are. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number and address for help.

Official Employee

Re: Do Not Purchase any Services from Xfinity-account debited $890.40 for a phone that was returned

Mrscountree, your refund has posted. Post again if you need anything else.