Community Forum

Delay in text messages from single IP address

Regular Visitor

Delay in text messages from single IP address

I have been told by the company that does our scheduling that they have brought this attention to Verizon (as XM uses the Verizon towers) but seeing that I am not technically a Verizon customer, I must ask and complain to you.  I work for a Fire Protection District and recieve texts and emails from a chief that is able to click firefighters and/or officers to send mass texts to.  I recieve the email within seconds but the text does not come in for 10-11 minutes.  That is outside of the 10 minute window to put in for overtime.  I know that seems minor but it would also mean I am 10 minutes late to respond to someone underwater when on the dive team or 10 minutes late for a hazardous material spill.  If there is a structure fire then there is a 10 minute delay on recieving that also.

My question is, why is there a hard cap on incoming message they recieve from an IP address and why is it not able to be removed on a case by case basis such as a large company that helps dispatch fire department personnel? 

I was told to call Xfinity mobile to chaulk up another complaint but I figured if I bring it to the web, that more people might have this problem and it would be able to be moved up in releasing the limit to a much higher number.  We have between 50-70 that would have the texts sent out at a time depending on who it would go out to.  Any info on how to fix this would help me not want to leave Xfinity Mobile as you can see how much it affects me.

Regular Visitor

Re: Delay in text messages from single IP address

Anything at all? I have completely not received texts in the same manor.  The company has proof that they sent the text and I have not received a few of them.  It does not happen all the time but what can be done about completely not sending texts out to me?  I have been enjoying Xfinity Mobile up until this text messaging issue arose and now not receiving texts is pushing too far.  Hopefully there is a response from a rep or it's time to skip out.