Community Forum

Credit check

Frequent Visitor

Credit check

Is a hard pull done prior to subscription? If so - which one(s)?

I have locked my credit with all 3 agencies and want to make sure I unlock only the needed since it costs.
Contributor

Re: Credit check

If your a current xfinity customer (cable, internet) I do not believe there is a credit check with the credit agencies.  My credit is not that great but I was able to get the phone and service

Highlighted
Contributor

I think you are correct.  But if you request more than 1 phone they will check.

Problem Solver

Xfinity isn't specific about their criteria for running a credit check. They do say in their FAQs that they'll ask your permission first. I don't think the criteria is as simple as existing customer plus number of lines. I believe it also matters whether you purchase the phone outright or finance it. I purchased two phones outright, with no credit check.

In terms of agency Xfinity might use, I saw elsewhere on the forums that someone reported their hard credit pull showed up on Equifax.
Official Employee

-Mike is correct. If you require a credit check, it is a hard pull via Equifax. 

KenF

New Poster

I got rejected for mobile based on the credit report in several attempts today... on the phone, in the store, on my own online. How do I get this to pass the credit report? my credit is fine.

New Poster

Did toy finance the phone thought or bought it in full price?

Official Employee
Moved: