Community Forum

Confused about bringing my own phone

New Poster

Confused about bringing my own phone

I currently have two mobile phones w xfinity. I want to add a line with an unlocked iPhone that is paid for and I used several years ago w another carrier. It’s a 5s iPhone.  I ordered a SIM card from xfinity and inserted it into the phone and the iPhone read it as it now said xfinity in settings. I called customer service and after I gave them the imei number they said it was not compatible. So I removed a the SIM card from a Motorola phone I currently have with xfinity and put it into the iPhone 5s that they said wasn’t compatible and was able to make phone calls and texts..so why is it not compatible when I want to activate a new line with it. This makes no sense whatsoever..any help would be appreciated.

Regular Contributor

Re: Confused about bringing my own phone

They say no but any unlocked Verizon capable phone will work. Some features may not like visual voicemail. So to cover their end they say not compatible.
Regular Visitor

I was told that NON Non APPLE are not acceptable as they are considered "hackable" by Xfinity
Regular Visitor

If you don’t purchase thru Comcast you will have issues with upgrading. Google upgrading issues. You are also not able to swap esn’s.