Community Forum

Comcast Store Software Upgrade

Regular Visitor

Comcast Store Software Upgrade

My wife and I switched from Verizon to Xfinity mobile on November 12th. Her new LG Stylo4 was activated without any problems. The terminal in the store locked up during the activation of my Galaxy S9. It took over 30 minutes of the store talking to comcast engineers before the terminal restarted and activated my phone. When I went to setup my voicemail I got an error saying my voice mailbox is not in service. I called customer support and they blamed it on the new software that Comcast just rolled out. They said they were unable to set up my voicemail due to bugs in the new software. I was told to call the software glitches would be fixed by the 17th and to call back the. I called today and got the same BS run aound. What the heck is going on? Didn't anybody test this bug infest software before rolling it out? 6 days without voicemail and no one at Comcast has any idea when it will be fixed!

Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast Store Software Upgrade

I've been trying to switch over from AT&T and order two new lines and phones since 11/12 as well and no luck either in person at a store, online or with their phone support. Sounds like a pervasive problem at xfinity last week from their software change. Makes me nervous to switch.

Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast Store Software Upgrade

My voicemail started working over the weekend. I am not sure exactly when and Comcast never notified me that they had fixed the problem.