Community Forum

Check Your Bill!

Frequent Visitor

Check Your Bill!

All Xfinity Mobile Customers,

Check your bill carefully, Xfinity is knowingly charging city sales tax to customers who do not live within a city.  I have lived in an unincorporated part of my county for 28 years and have never had this happen before.  When asked to change the incorrect tax collection on my bill and refund all collections wrongly collected, Xfinity refuses.  If you live outside of a city limits but have the same zip code as within the city limits you are paying taxes that you shouldn't.  I have been battling them for 4 months and have decided to go the legal route.  It is not a large sum of money but the Xfinity attitude needs to end.

Regular Contributor

Re: Check Your Bill!

I just checked mine for last month, $3.64 TOTAL! All I felt was joy and smugness. 😀

Frequent Visitor

davdri,

Way to stick it to them.  I am getting OVERCHARGED that much each month.

Contributor

ditto,  Smiley Happy

My total monthly payments past 3 months for:  3 devices, includes "$12/mo insurance plan" for one device, taxes, fees and courtesies credits from XM customer service.

Feb $19.94

March $3.31

Apr $11.31 estimate

+ Soon $200 cash back on an iPhone purchase.

As far as I am concerned, with unlimited free talk and text in USA, Great Xfinity Mobile Service.

Frequent Visitor

No matter how good of a deal you think it is doesn't change the fact that they are knowingly collecting sales tax that should not be charged.

Contributor

I appreciate you important post regarding this issue.  Thanks for bringing it to the forum.  We are also in small unincorporated town surrounded by big city with same zip code.   What you report is related to "Address" and "Billing" software in general, and this issue is not unique to XM.  

Most of XM customer support folks, for justifiable internal controls reasons, lack the authority to change a customer's bill.  Once XM fixes their billing system for your town, it would surprise me if they don't credit your account, and possibly might give you a "good customer" courtesy credit.

Please update this forum in a couple of months (I hope with the resolution).

Frequent Visitor

The problem is that Xfinity is unwilling to look into this billing error and make any changes.  I have been told in no uncertain terms that they will not change the incorrect tax collection or refund the funds already collected.  I have dealt with this same issue over many years with several other businesses and in each of those cases it only took one phone call to have the billing changes and refund take place.  With Xfinity it has taken numerous phone calls, e-mails, chats and texts over 4 months to get nowhere on a solution.  That is why I have posted on this forum as well as others and have notified the city taxing authority that the funds have been collected on their behalf.  I have also contacted 2 newspapers and 3 local TV news stations.  It is not a large sum of money individually but  this is knowingly being charged to thousands of customers.  If Xfinity is unwilling to follow the law and do what is right then I will do what I can to get the word out.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Update: The city receiving the wrongly collected sales tax agrees with me that the tax shouldn't be collected.  A representative of the tax collection department for the city contacted XM and told them to stop charging and collecting the tax on my account and XM still will not change my billing.  The city told them they don't want funds sent to them that are in error and they still won't change.  Unbelievable!