Community Forum

Charges for returned phone

Frequent Visitor

Charges for returned phone

If you get a phone from Xfinity Mobile, and decide to return it the will charge you a $35 restocking fee and $350 for a scratched surface. This was my experience.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Charges for returned phone

I hope that if the phone really was not damaged, that you have disputed the charge with your credit card company.  

People should take videos at the location from which they ship the product of the product being packaged, of the package being sealed, and the employee scanning the package to be shipped, including in the video and pictures, any and all identifying data imprinted upon the device such as a serial number, doing so repeatedly and from various angles as it's being cradled, protected, wrapped and sealed in packaging material, swear in at least two witnesses of the entire packaging process, with witnesses witnessing the witnesses undivided attention and presence at the event. Don't forget to bring a notary to notarize an affidavit of voidance of device damage from the friendly local neighborhood law enforcement officer, wherebyhence swearing the phone is undamaged, without possesion of damage, and forthwith abstained from damage.

Oh, and finally pay the small shipping insurance fee.   

Bet $100 Comcast will still claim there was damage and charge you anyway.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

they  did  this  too me  but i was able too get  a refund  from the $350 charnge and $35 retocking fee  denpending on oh you talk too  so  good luck 

Frequent Visitor

I returned a Samsung Galaxy S9 last month and had no issues. They have accepted the return but took $35 as restocking fee.

I’ve read numerous instances similar to OP and I made sure to take plenty of photos of the phone at various angles, with the imei, date and my name visible in the background, in case I needed to dispute an erroneous damaged item charge.
New Poster

That is exactly what has happened to me.  I returned a totally perfect phone I had less than two weeks and the warehouse graded it as having a chip and long crack in the back.  I know what I carefully packaged.  A protective box in another outer box.  FedEx refused my claim.  I am being robbed.  I am refusing to pay and something illegal is going on.  Any suggestions?

Frequent Visitor

I turned my case over to my credit card company and they disputed the charges.  Everything was resolved. I hope not at the expense of Visa