Community Forum

Changed payment method and bank showing double charge

Regular Contributor

Changed payment method and bank showing double charge

So we had a damaged bank card our bank issued a new on same number just new expiration date and cvt.  So my autopay tried to go through which it has with other auto pays we do. 

So it failed i tried to updated it online it failed too.  So i chatted in  and like a hour later my bank shows they double charged me.  2 different transaction numbers.   Xfinity is saying i was only billed once. But the money is not in my account  and xfinity overdrafted my checking account so shouldnt they also be responsible for the overdraft as well as a refund which i have yet to be issued

Valued Contributor

Re: Changed payment method and bank showing double charge

Problems like you are having are a good example why you should never give anyone access to your checking or savings accounts or debit cards. Use a credit card instead.

Official Employee

Re: Changed payment mrthod and bank showing double charge

themadscientist, thank you for reaching out on the forums. 

I can understand how frustrating it is to have your card charged multiple times, and I'd love to help. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so we can look into this further together? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

We don't believe in credit cards in my household we don't spend what we don't have. So this is our only payment method
Regular Contributor

So now they issued a refund. As they verified I was double charged. So I checked my billing app last night showed I was now past due for some reason. So o chatted in and the CSR procedes without authorization to recharge my card again. So now in the last 2 days Xfinity has drawn nearly 170 dollars from my account over a 58 dollar bill.
Regular Contributor

Regular Contributor

Comcast Ally asked me to pm her I did and no response to this. I know in the past you have figured out what was going on. Tier 2 looked in another billing platform they said you had and confirmed the double charge. So now o need a second refund of my bill and to figure out why uppon refund the system then shows I'm past due
Valued Contributor

@themadscientist wrote:
We don't believe in credit cards in my household we don't spend what we don't have. So this is our only payment method

I don't spend money I don't have either. I pay my credit card bills in full every month. In more than forty years of having credit cards I have never paid any interest. I also get between 1-3% back on every purchase I make. And I am fully protected from what you are experienceing now.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: No one can resolve my issue. No one!

Really isnt one ive tried on a issue ive been having in the end. Either filing a fcc complaint which the company has like 3 days to try to resolve. Or going to social media like i did. Explaining my situation to any one who would listen. Turned down talking to their customer service till i finally got a set of people who helped