Community Forum

Changed my mobile number without permission.

Regular Visitor

Changed my mobile number without permission.

We have had  Comcast Mobile for a month now. Our first phone had a number ported in from previous provider. When we called 2 weeks later to activate out second phone, the CSR changed the number on our first phone without our permission to do so. That was on a Wensday. It is now Saturday (10 days later) and we have called everyday to get this problem resolved. We was even told last night that they were sending an e-mail to their immediate supervisor who was going to send it to one of their personal friends in Tier 2 and that we would hear back by the end of business (MIDNIGHT our time). STILL NOTHING!!!!  All I want is to have my number back before it goes to someone else!!!!! The customer support on this matter with the exception of 3 people out of the 12 total people we have talked to has fallen WAY short of even satisfactory. They could not even put us in touch with someone that could help us as " They no longer have access to that information" (this came from the one supervisor that I spoke with). Can someone PLEASE just do their job and fix their mistake that never should have happened in the first place!!!

Official Employee

Re: Changed my mobile number without permission.

SuperDave7782, do you have the ticket number that was assigned to you? There is a small window to cancel a number change before the original number is put back into the general pool of phones numbers any carrier can give to a customer. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

yes I do and I have already tried to call today and get transfered to a supervisor where they hung up on me from being on hold.

Official Employee

Thanks, SuperDave7782, got your private message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

ok so I was just given a number to call corporate and that they were open today but they are not!  I was also informed that it never could have been given back from the beginning. I have been talking to someone everyday for 10 DAYS!!!!! SERIOUSLY! I want my number back!

Official Employee

SuperDave7782, glad we were able to get your number back. Post again if you need anything else.